While crypto markets saw a sizeable drop in value over the past two months, several major whales used this price dip to begin accumulating tokens.
Total crypto market capitalization sank by over $500 billion to well below $900 trillion- its lowest level since early-2021. Majors such as Bitcoin and Ethereum are trading down over 50% for the year.
Losses in the two have also spilled over into several major altcoins, with Bitcoin dominance rising to 43% of the market as a result.
But this price drop has also attracted buying by major whales. Data from blockchain analytics firm Santiment shows that accumulation of three tokens has outpaced others.
AAVE, SAND and LRC see increased whale accumulation
AAVE, the native token of the eponymous DeFi protocol, saw whale accumulation spike 47% of total supply from 42% earlier this month. The Etherum-based DeFi protocol is the second-largest by total value locked, and appears primed for a recovery after sharp losses earlier in the month.
Easing fears over a DeFi meltdown may also be boosting whale interest in AAVE.
SAND, the native token of The Sandbox metaverse, saw a steady stream of accumulation as the project announced a slew of prolific partnerships. The Sandbox’s exposure to prolific media brands gives the metaverse some staying power as compared to its peers, likely driven whale interest.
LRC, the native token of the Ethereum-based protocol Loopring, saw a 6% jump in whale accumulation over the past three months. This came despite a price drop.
ADA, YFI and DOGE lose major holders
But on the other hand, Cardano, Yearn Finance and Dogecoin saw a decreasing amount of whale holders.
ADA in particular saw the biggest exodus of whales, with over 10% of their overall holdings being dumped in the past three months.
YFI has also seen a steady stream of outflows after the abrupt exit of its prolific founder, Andre Cronje. Fantom, another project that Cronje played a key role in, has also tumbled in value since his exit.
DOGE also saw waning interest, as traders failed to be swayed by positive comments from Elon Musk. Development on the token has fallen fallen drastically this year, giving traders few cues to buy.
The token, along with Musk, were also named in a $258 billion lawsuit over running a pyramid scheme.
- These Whales Scoop $850 mln Worth FTX Tokens Ahead Of BlockFi Deal
- Breaking: El Salvador Buys 80 Bitcoin (BTC), Here’s How Prices Reacted
- U.S. DoJ Slaps Charges Against Promoters of Baller Ape Club NFT In Rug Pull Scam
- Canada-based Ledn Challenges FTX’s Bid of BlockFi Acquisition With Better Proposal
- Just In: Basel Committee Proposes Cap For Banks’ Bitcoin Holding
- Dogecoin (DOGE), Shiba Inu (SHIB) Show Strength, Here’s Why
- Breaking: Singapore Financial Regulator Reprimands Three Arrows Capital
- Ethereum Exchange Supply Spikes, ETH At A Risk of Correcting to $700 And Below
- Bitcoin Prices Can Reach This Level By End Of 2022; Reveals Deutsche Bank
- NFT Marketplace OpenSea Flags Data Breach, Here’s What Was Leaked
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- SHIB Price Analysis: Sustained Selling may Lead $SHIB to $0.0000074?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Crashing SAND Prices Warns 25% Downfall
- Solana Price Analysis: $36 Breakdown Teases SOL Price to Revisit $26
- Chainlink Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern could Lead LINK price below to $5
- AAVE Price Analysis: Buyers Need $76.6 Breakout to Trigger Bullish Recovery
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Rising APE Price Knockout Another Barrier; is $6 Next?