Is crypto really replace the gold.? As Grayscale’s #DropGold advert is on the rise, UK’s largest organization for the gold industry, World Gold Council (WGC) hit a new blog against #DropGold wherein its manager explained why ‘cryptocurrencies are no replacement for gold’.
#DropGold promo Ad received a number of positive responses from across the largest crypto community – some notable influencers such as Anthony Pompliano and others appreciated the idea behind advert and creative video by Grayscale team. Such a huge admiration seems a direct hit to the World Gold Council (WGC).
The whole idea of the campaign is to let investors believe in an idea that they should bid bye to gold and buy bitcoins or invest in digital currencies like bitcoin.
sound ON! pic.twitter.com/SEGAmMItsE
— Grayscale (@GrayscaleInvest) May 1, 2019
Adam Perlaky, in his blog, posted on May 02, 2019, entitled ‘Cryptocurrencies are no replacement for gold’, states that;
Although cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology look promising as a whole, they clearly do not represent a substitute for gold either in theory or in practice.
Mentioning about what puts gold in top spot than crypto, Mr. Perlaky explains it in the form of ‘regulation, demand, supply, and investment’. In his elaborating blog, he adds;
Gold is less volatile with having a more liquid market. As regulations around the crypto market are uncertain, he says that gold market trades occur in an established regulatory framework which makes it the best investment portfolio investors can consider over cryptocurrencies.
By disgracing Crypto over gold, he states
Extreme daily and intraday volatility disrupts its (Crypto) use as a medium of exchange and discourages strategic investments Gold’s volatility is slightly above the stock market as a whole, in line with most fiat currencies over time
Mr.Perlaky further mentioned the realized volatility of bitcoin, gold, S&P 500 and US Dollar in a graphical manner as follows;
However, he didn’t completely mark crypto in a negative way but he added the failure of crypto in 2018 as a hedge fund as a shred of evidence. Adding his views that remarks Gold over crypto, he concluded stating that we continue to acknowledge the innovation taking place; but
It is clear that cryptourreices are not a replacement for gold and gold should remain a component in all investmen portfolios.
You can read more about WGC’s report on Gold v/s crypto here
This article later got into attention of Garyscale’s Barry Silbert who quoted WGC’s tweet on and states;
What do you think is Gold better than Crypto.? or Crypto is better than Gold.? Let us know in the comment below
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Bitcoin S2F Founder says Current dip cannot stop Bitcoin from Adding Another Zero
- Football Clubs Look To Mine Cash Revenue With Crypto Offerings
- Fed Readying To Launch The US Crypto Policy? White House Directs Agencies To Prepare Report
- Here’s Why You Should NOT Yet Buy the Bitcoin Dip, Miner Capitulation Ahead?
- MicroStrategy (MSTR) Stock On Free Fall As SEC Rejects Its Bitcoin Accounting Strategy
- Second Consecutive Crash Day Extends Investor Loses Over $350 Billion, El Salvador Buys the Dip
- DeFi’s Liquidation Volume Hits $34.33 M ATH, The Highest Since Last year’s December
- Portugal opens First Physical Store for Buying and Selling of Bitcoin
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?