- Bitcoin halving is around the corner but the Fear & Greed Index signals continued bearish momentum that could dwarf a pre-halving pump.
Bitcoin halving is among the most anticipated events of 2020 in the cryptocurrency space. Besides, the block reward halving is just a few weeks away. Halving will see the reward given to miners for a block mined reduced by half from 12.5 BTC to 6.25 BTC. Following halving there will be a significant drop in Bitcoin supply and inflation rate. Consequently, forces od demand and supply post-halving are expected to culminate in an increase in Bitcoin price in form of a rally. Google Trends data has already show searches of “Bitcoin halving” shooting to all-time highs and even surpassing those of Bitcoin.
Will Bitcoin Halving Impact The Altcoins?
Altcoins have always been correlated with Bitcoin price action. Therefore, a bullish Bitcoin market could be significantly impact the altcoin market starting with Ethereum (the largest altcoin in the market). However, as discussed earlier in Bitcoin price analysis, the Crypto Fear & Greed Index suggests that investors are bearish even though halving is around the corner. A Bitcoin pre-halving rally looks bleak especially after the crypto retreat from highs above $7,500 to test support at $6,575.
Ethereum and Ripple Technical Picture
Ethereum is trading at $159.92 at the time of writing. It has stepped above $160 but failed to sustain gains towards $170. Its upside is limited by the 100 SMA in the 4-hour range. More resistance is expected at $170 and at $176 respectively. On the downside, ETH/USD is supported by the ascending trendline and the 50 SMA. Also in line to offer support $152 and $150 levels.
ETH/USD 4-hour chart
Ripple price is stuck below the immediate resistance at $0.19. It is exchanging hands at $0.187 while embracing channel support and the 50 SMA support in the 4-hour range. In spite of the stalling, the RSI shows that the price is in the hands of the bulls. Therefore, a break above $0.19 is key for the breakout above the critical $0.20.
XRP/USD 4-hour chart
- Institutional Traders Are Shorting Bitcoin At Record Pace, Here’s Why
- Lido Shut Down Terra Support, Starts bLUNA And stLUNA Withdrawal
- This Whale Adds 787 More Bitcoins As Price Struggles
- After Vauld Suspends Withdrawals, These Crypto Exchanges Could Be Next
- Cardano’s Vasil Upgrade Goes Live On Testnet; When Will It Be Lauching On Mainnet?
- How Stable Is Tether? Data Shows USDT At Massive Liquidity Imbalance
- As BTC Plummets to $19,000, Elon Musk’s Tesla Reports $440 Million Impairment Losses
- British Army Regains Control Of Their Hacked Social Media Accounts Promoting Crypto Scams
- Bitcoin Miners Likely Behind Crash Below $19K, Here’s Why
- India’s Crypto Exchanges In Trouble? 1% Tax Keeps Traders Away
- AVAX Price Analysis: Breakout Rally Eyes $22.1 Mark; Buy Now?
- Cardano price Analysis: ADA Price Nearing Triangle Breakout Eyes $0.655
- Polygon Price Analysis: $0.45 Fallout could Plummet MATIC price by 25%
- ETH Price Analysis: Can $1000 Support Undermine Selling Momentum?
- BTC Price Analysis: Technical Indicator hints Upcoming recovery for Bitcoin
- CRV Price Analysis: Buyers Prepare To Boost CRV Prices To $1
- DOGE Price Analysis: Pullback Opportunity Eyes its Next Jump to $0.1
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Emerging Pattern May Soar SAND price by 20%
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?