Japanese Financial Regulator, the Financial Services Agency (FSA) have reportedly, conducted raids at two Cryptocurrency Exchange offices in Japan. Reportedly, the two exchanges “underwent major changes to management structures” which were brought to an investigation by the FSA.
Huobi Japan Inc., a Singapore based Exchange from China and Fisco cryptocurrency Inc., Minato-ku-based Exchange were the two firms put under surveillance.
According to a press release from Reuters,
“The FSA investigations were designed to ensure appropriate measures have been implemented for customer protection and legal compliance after the management changes, the sources said.”
Furthermore, the sources remained anonymous as they are not authorized to speak to the media. Huobi Japan Inc. was established under its parent company based out of Singapore after it acquired the Government registered, BitTrade Exchange.
Fisco is a financial services provider in Japan that deals in equity, foreign exchange, bonds, and commodities markets. It acquired Government registered Zaif Exchange to enter into cryptocurrencies in 2016.
The Japanese Regulators have so far brought a total of 123 companies under its surveillance that deals in cryptocurrencies; Japan is one of the first developed countries to regulate Cryptocurrency Exchanges. The Exchanges are required to register with the Government and comply with the rules of customer protection and legal formalities laid down by the Government.
Hence, the raids carried out by the FSA were to ensure that the regulatory compliances have been followed at the two Exchanges after management changes. Furthermore, Japanese banks are the forerunners of the institutions that plan to integrate Blockchain and cryptocurrency in the current financial system.
Do you think that the raids call for an ominous tiding or it was just a routine check? Please share relevant details with us.
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Bitcoin S2F Founder says Current dip cannot stop Bitcoin from Adding Another Zero
- Football Clubs Look To Mine Cash Revenue With Crypto Offerings
- Fed Readying To Launch The US Crypto Policy? White House Directs Agencies To Prepare Report
- Here’s Why You Should NOT Yet Buy the Bitcoin Dip, Miner Capitulation Ahead?
- MicroStrategy (MSTR) Stock On Free Fall As SEC Rejects Its Bitcoin Accounting Strategy
- Second Consecutive Crash Day Extends Investor Loses Over $350 Billion, El Salvador Buys the Dip
- DeFi’s Liquidation Volume Hits $34.33 M ATH, The Highest Since Last year’s December
- Portugal opens First Physical Store for Buying and Selling of Bitcoin
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?