Ever since the timeline of Ethereum Merge became unpredictable over recent past, miners found it difficult to run their operations. In fact, the all-important ‘difficulty bomb’ in the merge has been postponed multiple times in the past by the developers.
This made life difficult for operators in Ethereum mining. The difficulty bomb is a piece of code in the Ethereum protocol that is designed to periodically increase the difficulty of mining ETH.
Since 2017, the implementation has been postponed for as many as six times. Most recently, the next schedule for difficulty bomb was set for August.
Ethereum Mining Less Profitable
Meanwhile, ETH hash rate decreased by 10% since April, making it less rewarding for mining operators. According to data from CryptoQuant, the Ethereum hash rate took a beat by 10% as profits declined in the recent times.
“The triple toxic mix of reduced income, increased operating costs, and the impending merge has caused some miners to stop their mining operations.”
This phenomenon could extend to the near future if the prices drop even further, as speculated. ETH price saw a bottom of $900 level recently from a price range of $3,500 only three months ago.
The Ethereum merge is a much-awaited update on the network. The merge standardizes a new proof-of-stake (PoS) consensus mechanism that changes the existing proof-of-work (PoW) mechanism. In this, miners discover new blocks and then integrate them to the blockchain.
Ethereum Price Trend In Short Term
As of writing, Ethereum is trading at $1,142.18, up 5.20% in the last 24 hours, according to CoinMarketCap. In a significant indicator of traders anticipating further price decline, the net deposits on exchanges are low compared to the 7-day average. Also, lower deposits can be interpreted as a lower selling pressure.
Additionally, the ETH fear and greed index is on extreme fear levels. This could mean there is widespread expectation that Ethereum price could fall further.
- Breaking: El Salvador Buys 80 Bitcoin (BTC), Here’s How Prices Reacted
- U.S. DoJ Slaps Charges Against Promoters of Baller Ape Club NFT In Rug Pull Scam
- Canada-based Ledn Challenges FTX’s Bid of BlockFi Acquisition With Better Proposal
- Just In: Basel Committee Proposes Cap For Banks’ Bitcoin Holding
- Dogecoin (DOGE), Shiba Inu (SHIB) Show Strength, Here’s Why
- Breaking: Singapore Financial Regulator Reprimands Three Arrows Capital
- Ethereum Exchange Supply Spikes, ETH At A Risk of Correcting to $700 And Below
- Bitcoin Prices Can Reach This Level By End Of 2022; Reveals Deutsche Bank
- NFT Marketplace OpenSea Flags Data Breach, Here’s What Was Leaked
- EU Passes A Bill to Trace the Flow of Bitcoin & Crypto Assets In Regulatory Tightening Measures
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- SHIB Price Analysis: Sustained Selling may Lead $SHIB to $0.0000074?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Crashing SAND Prices Warns 25% Downfall
- Solana Price Analysis: $36 Breakdown Teases SOL Price to Revisit $26
- Chainlink Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern could Lead LINK price below to $5
- AAVE Price Analysis: Buyers Need $76.6 Breakout to Trigger Bullish Recovery
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Rising APE Price Knockout Another Barrier; is $6 Next?