The latest update in Visor Finance’s exploit of 8.8 million VISR tokens saw Visor publish its post-mortem report of the hack, determining the upcoming launch of a new token to replace the formerly stolen VISR. Post exploit, VISR’s price witnessed a steep drop amounting to 94 percent. At press time, VISR was trading at the price of $0.054998, with a market cap that stood slightly over $1 million, according to CoinMarketCap data.
Visor Finance’s new token
Given the token’s unfortunate fall, VISR will now be replaced by a new token with a different ticker to avoid confusion. Furthermore, the company has already initiated the listing process for its new token on several registries to assure visibility and recognition by dexes and wallets. Additionally, the company warned against buying the old VISR in lieu of a drop, as it will not be “redeemable” for the replacement token.
“What we have opted to do is replace the old VISR token ticker symbol with the new one. All tokenomics will stay the same and there will be a redemption (from the time of the snapshot) of 1:1 with the new token, including those staked in the vVISR contract and the those staked in Tokemak…No one should buy VISR as it will not be redeemable for the new token.”
Visor to revise its flawed staking contract
The vVISR staking contract became the core of the hack, with drawbacks in the contract that allowed hackers to re-enter and mint more vVISR tokens, along with facilitating limitless minting to further exaggerate the exploit’s extent.
However, Visor’s rectification plan includes making changes in the formerly flawed staking contract, assuring that this time around it does not rely on a user provided contract to implement the required transfer function. According to Visor’s post-mortem, the staking contract should instead rely on a fixed transfer implementation such as ERC20.
“We are engaged with both Quantstamp and ConsenSys Diligence for December and January audits and this new staking contract will be included.”, Visor added.
- Terra LUNA 2.0 Price Falls By Over 60% Hours After Airdrop
- What Is Terra LUNA 2.0, Here’s All You Need To Know
- Whales Accumulating These DeFi Tokens Amid Price Crash
- This Analyst Predicts A Bitcoin Bottom Before Bullish Momentum
- Terra Team Officially Activates Terra 2.0 Pheonix-1 mainnet, Here Are the Details
- Tron’s TRX Burn Total Exceeds 7.7 Billion
- Tron Stablecoin Reaches Key Milestone Amid Bearish Trends
- Binance Italy Gets Govt Nod, Global Expansion Goes On
- Just In: Russia Inches Closer To Crypto Adoption With Latest Move
- Ethereum Classic (ETC) Soars 9% As ETH Crashes, Here’s Why
- CRV Price Analysis: Dual Trendline Limits The CRV Bull Run
- DOT Price Analysis: Uncertainty Over DOT Price May End With Trendline Breakout
- ERON Price Analysis: Emerging Bullish Pattern Foretells 65% Rise In ERON
- AAVE Price Analysis : $95 Breakdown Rease 25% Fall In AAVE Price
- Sandbox Price Analysis: High Volume Breakout Aims SAND To Hit $2.6
- MATIC Price Analysis: Bullish Influence Grows on Consolidation
- TRON Price Analysis: High Volume Breakout may Lead TRX to $0.9 Mark
- Tezos Price Analysis: Dynamic Trendline May Carry XTZ Price to $2.4
- AAVE Price Analysis: AAVE Chart Hints Coin Holders May Lose $100 Mark
- What Next For The Fast Recovering FTM Price?