The first usage of bitcoin as a currency was when 10,000 bitcoins were given in exchange for two pizzas. The bitcoins involved in the transaction are now worth more than $100 million dollars today. To celebrate this historical sale, Domino’s France is giving away €100,000 to one lucky customer in either fiat or in bitcoins.
Domino’s France’s Bitcoin Giveaway
According to the rules , customers wanting to qualify for this generous giveaway must buy a pizza and then register themselves for a lucky draw. The competition began on the 4th of September and will run till October 6th and is being conducted to mark the pizza brand’s 30th birthday.
Hanyecz Bought 2 pizzas For 10k BTC
It all began in May 2010 when Laszlo Hanyecz paid 10,000 bitcoins, worth $41 at the time, for the delivery of two Papa John’s pizzas. The same bitcoin paid for two pizzas 2010 are now worth over $100 MM in today’s price. Now, 22nd May is popularly celebrated as “bitcoin pizza day” in the crypto community.
Previous Blockchain Venture
Domino’s has made an attempt to explore opportunities relating to blockchain before now but wasn’t fortunate enough to be successful. Around May, the Singapore and Malaysia division of Domino’s Pizza worked together with Netherlands-based blockchain firm SingularityNET in order to deploy its blockchain-enabled artificial intelligence (AI) technology. The partnership was created in order to improve Domino’s supply chain across the two locations; Singapore and Malaysia.
However, the venture didn’t attract my market demand and the early investors in SingularityNet were rewarded with a minus 71 percent return on their investment.
- Evergrande Surges 27% Post Nationalization Rumors, Crypto Market Surge in Tandem
- Breaking: Satoshi Nakamoto’s Website Gets Hacked, Scammers Run BTC Giveaway Scam
- Ripple, Solana Price Analysis: September 23, 2021
- Bitcoin Price Prediction: BTC Rolls Down The Runway Ahead Of Takeoff To $48,000
- Mike Novogratz Predicts Key Bitcoin ($BTC) and Ethereum ($ETH) Levels to Watchout For
- QuadrigaCx Saga to be Featured as a Documentary on this Popular Streaming Service
- Gluwa Wallet and Aella Credit Collaboration Sees Over 1 Million Transactions on the Blockchain
- Canadian Securities Regulators Warn Crypto Firms of Misleading Ads. Here Are the Defined Dos and Don’ts
- Solrise Finance and Civic Technologies Launch First Permissioned DEX on Solana
- eToro Sets Eyes on Defi Market, Launches 11 Defi Assets Based Investment Portfolio