eBay & Stripe Follow Same Suit as PayPal
The decision by eBay, Stripe, and Mastercard comes just a week after PayPal’s departure from the project. Interestingly, the firms were among the first 28 inaugural members of the Libra project.
An eBay spokesperson said,
“We highly respect the vision of the Libra Association; however, eBay has made the decision to not move forward as a founding member. At this time, we are focused on rolling out eBay’s managed payments experience for our customers.”
A Stripe spokesperson also spoke about Libra’s high potential and said that the company might again work with the Libra Association at a later stage.
“Stripe is supportive of projects that aim to make online commerce more accessible to people around the world. Libra has this potential. We will follow its progress closely and remain open to working with the Libra Association at a later stage,”
As a matter of fact, the announcement comes just two days before the Libra Association’s meet in Geneva, where the members are expected to sign a chartered agreement. Also, representatives from the companies will appoint a board of directors for the Libra Association at the meeting.
The meeting of the Libra Association is close to the G20 meeting on Oct 17-18th. The names in the list of 1500 interested parties and the existing structure of the Council will be instrumental to the progress and its public image.
While popular companies continue to back out of Libra, Xavier Niel, French Tycoon and the founder of Telecoms group Iliad said that the coming of project Libra is “inevitable” and it will exist like other 1000+ cryptocurrencies in the market.
Will project Libra see daylight and get regulatory approval? Let us know what you think in the comments below!
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Bitcoin S2F Founder says Current dip cannot stop Bitcoin from Adding Another Zero
- Football Clubs Look To Mine Cash Revenue With Crypto Offerings
- Fed Readying To Launch The US Crypto Policy? White House Directs Agencies To Prepare Report
- Here’s Why You Should NOT Yet Buy the Bitcoin Dip, Miner Capitulation Ahead?
- MicroStrategy (MSTR) Stock On Free Fall As SEC Rejects Its Bitcoin Accounting Strategy
- Second Consecutive Crash Day Extends Investor Loses Over $350 Billion, El Salvador Buys the Dip
- DeFi’s Liquidation Volume Hits $34.33 M ATH, The Highest Since Last year’s December
- Portugal opens First Physical Store for Buying and Selling of Bitcoin
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?