Elon Musk recently acquired a 9.5% stake in social media platform Twitter and joined the board last week. The tech billionaire has been serious about improving Twitter and preventing the influence of scammy accounts and bots on the platform.
To get away with it, Elon Musk earlier today tweeted about having a monthly subscription for Twitter Blue that would give authentication checkmarks to individuals. However, this is different from the verification of official accounts or public figures. Musk tweeted:
“Everyone who signs up for Twitter Blue (ie pays $3/month) should get an authentication checkmark. But should be different from “public figure” or “official account” checkmark.”
Besides, Twitter Blue will come with a bunch of other features. This includes undo tweet option, bookmark folders, and readers mode, among others. Musk believes that the monthly $3 subsciption will “massively expand the verified pool & make bot armies too expensive to maintain”.
Besides, Musk also proposed for an option to pay in Dogecoin (DOGE).“Maybe even an option to pay in Doge?” he added.
The tech billionaire said that Twitter needs to reduce its dependency on the power of corporations to pay for ads. This would help it break free and take more user-centric decisions.
Elon Musk’s Love for Dogecoin
Tech billionaire Elon Musk has been a vocal supporter of Dogecoin (DOGE). On Friday, April 8, Musk managed to pump the DOGE price for a short while by featuring Dogecoin’s Shiba Inu dog mascot in the “Cyber Rodeo” event during the launch of Tesla’s new gigafactory.
Furthermore, Elon Musk said that Tesla is working on futuristic charging stations wherein he will allow users to pay in DOGE. Musk’s support helped Dogecoin to become on of the top ten largest digital assets by market cap.
Just when Twitter announced its ETH tipping featrure on the platform, Dogecoin founder has also proposed a similar feature for DOGE. With Musk on board, it could very much be possible.
- Are Hedge Funds Planning USDT Dump? Tether CTO Responds To Rumors
- Here’s Why Apecoin (APE) Price Is Skyrocketing Today
- Crypto Prices Falling Despite “Buy The Dip” Sentiment, Data Reveals Why
- Institutional Traders Dumped Bitcoin At A Record Pace Last Week
- Terra USTC Jumps 300%; Lands Back In Top 100 Cryptos
- Ripple’s EX CTO Dumps 40 million XRP tokens In Last 10 Days
- Dogecoin Soars 35%, Here’s Why Breaking This Level Is Crucial
- Crypto Lender Nexo Denies Fraud, Issues Cease And Desist Notice
- Ethereum (ETH) Price Rise and Stability Pulls Broader Crypto Market to $1 Trillion
- Scoop: This Hedge Fund Is Trying To Bailout BlockFi To Counter FTX
- Tezos Price Analysis: XTZ Rebounds from Yearly Support; is it a good buy?
- Tron Price Analysis: Triangle Pattern Governs the TRX Price Action; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- Dogecoin Price Analysis: DOGE Winning Streak Aims to Reclaim $0.077
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Reversal Pattern Sets 21% Rise in APE Price
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Will ETH Relief Rally Revert From $1300?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- Higher Price Rejection Hints BTC to Retest $20000
- SHIB Price Analysis: Overhead Supply Pressure Hints SHIB to Retest $0.00001
- Avalanche Price Analysis: Will The AVAX Breakout Rally Reach $30?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: U-shaped Recovery could Lead SAND above $1.5
- NEAR Price Analysis: Reversal Within Channel could Sink NEAR Below $3