The CFO of Commonwealth Bank quits his job to join world’s fifth largest cryptocurrency EOS’s company Block.one as one of the board members and group president. Currently, in the red, EOS coin has its Maninet launch coming up on June 2 as well.
Commonwealth bank CFO call it quits to join the firm behind EOS coin “Block.one”
The world’s fifth largest cryptocurrency, EOS with a market cap of over $12 billion has marked another achievement by recruiting the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of one of the biggest banks of Australia, Commonwealth Bank as its COO.
Rob Jesudason, resigned in less than a year of taking the position of CFO in the bank to become the Chief Operating Officer (COO) and group president of the firm, Block.one which has developed EOS.
Jesudason, who has previously worked for JP Morgan has been replaced by Alan Docherty, the CFO of International banking and Markets branch of CBA on an interim basis.
Whereas Block.one mentioned in its statement that Jesudason would take his position later this year
“following his notice period.” The chief executive of the company, Brendan Blumer praised the skills of Jesudason stating “Rob has a proven track record of success in global financial services, where he has been involved in industry innovation and facilitated regulatory advancement enabling the adoption of new technologies.”
He further explained:
“His alignment with our organizational priorities of creating compliant, high-performance blockchain solutions, is an ideal fit for Block.one, and is an exciting conclusion to our thorough search for the right individual.”
5th Largest cryptocurrency EOS chased by the bear
Talking about joining Block.one, Jesudason has been quoted as saying
“the market’s strong response to Block.one’s approach has resulted in it being one of the fastest growing organizations in the world, and this will inform our operational growth strategies going forward.”
Registered in the Cayman Islands, Block.one launched EOS coin last year which raised about $700 million in its ICO. In the recent months, EOS gained a lot of popularity and market value. On January 13, EOS price was at $15.60, it’s highest since it showed up in the market. Going with the momentum of the market, EOS coin dipped down to $4.34 on March 18.
Since then, it has been on a gradual lift by hitting the $20.24 at the end of April month. Right now, EOS is sitting at $14.08 and down by 2.81 percent while still maintaining its 5th spot according to Coinmarketcap.
Having years of experience in a plethora of big finance companies like JP Morgan, Barclays, McKinsey and IFS among others, the addition of Jesudason is definitely a good thing for EOS. With the recent introduction to EOSIO Dawn 4.0 and its much anticipated Mainnet launch coming up on June 2, EOS coin can expect a surge in its market value.
What are your views on Rob Jesudason’s decision to quit a major financial institution and taking the crypto route? Share your thoughts with us!
- Just-In: European Central Bank Says Crypto Unsuitable As Store Of Value
- Shiba Inu The Most-Held Token By ETH Whales, Is Metaverse Hype Back?
- South Korean Terra Holders Skyrocketed After Its Crash, Here’s Why
- Verse Metaverse – LA Villa Hand Over On May 30
- Bitcoin (BTC) Faces A Crash To 2020 Lows, Here’s Why
- On-Chain Data: Bitcoin (BTC) Always Pegs Higher Trust Over Ether (ETH) in Bear Market
- Is Terra’s Singapore Office A “Paper Company?”
- Bitcoin (BTC) Options Market Hints Major Downside Risks Over Next 3-6 Months
- Bitcoin (BTC) Fails to Hold $30,000 Again, Guggenheim CIO Predicts A Crash to $8000
- Hard Fork Vs Genesis Chain: Terra Team Clears Air Around Debate
- AAVE Price Analysis: AAVE Chart Hints Coin Holders May Lose $100 Mark
- What Next For The Fast Recovering FTM Price?
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Triangle Pattern Foretells Upcoming Rally in ETH
- Zilliqa Price Analysis: Channel Breakout Hints ZIL Price to hit $0.1
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Trapped Bullish Momentum Need Triangle Breakout
- FTM Price Analysis: Buyers Tease Breakout From Long-Coming Trendline
- GALA Price Analysis: High Momentum Fallout Warns $0.075 Fallout
- Solana Price Prediction 2022: Bulls to drive SOL Price to new Highs?
- Theta Price Prediction 2022 : Analysts Insights into the crucial Reversal levels
- Sandbox Price Prediction 2022 : Analysts Show Optimism Towards The Metaverse SAND Token