EOS, the delegated Proof-of-Stake platform, may be losing its edge despite a $4 billion war chest. According to a new report by DappRadar for January, the number of users dropped by a massive 67% from January 2019.
This is startling, and hints of trouble within the platform’s hierarchy that promised so much and yet deliver too little.
1There are some quarters who even complain of a broken dPoS system which couldn’t justify the huge sums of ETH crowd funded in their year-long ICO.
Decline in EOS Startling
It must be noted that within that period, Ethereum and Tron posted decent activity.
For instance, in Ethereum, the daily active unique wallets nearly doubled, rising 82%, while Tron’s rose 33%.
In January, the same trend continued with Ethereum and Tron strengthening their bases while EOS’s declined.
An extract from the report reads:
“There are some surprising numbers when measuring the performance of the three blockchains. Daily active unique wallets for Ethereum have increased by 82%, TRON rose by 33%, while EOS was facing a decrease in daily active users by 61% comparing January 2019 data to January 2020.”
“In January 2020, Ethereum and TRON increased their user bases while EOS had a steady decline.”
More Exchanges Launching in Ethereum
EOS may be ranked higher according to previous China’s Center for Information and Industry Development (CCID) reports but the report also found that Ethereum’s DeFi, and not surprising decentralised marketplaces/exchanges were growing at a steady pace, gleaning from the number of daily active unique wallets.
57% of all Games and Marketplaces activities were from Ethereum, which grew 7% in January.
#EOS project EIDOS is '"killing" the network as ppl are mining the airdrop tokens insanely.
CPU Price up 1740%
REX Borrowed 83% (record high)
DAU of EOS Dapp drop 79%
EOS Dapp txn up 180%
Most users cannot afford CPU to send a txn, driving most Dapps down 60-70% in activities. pic.twitter.com/Obj1hC0EUs
— DappReview (@dapp_review) November 4, 2019
The drop in user activity in EOS could be linked to the EIDOS airdrop that significantly slowed down the network.
But there could be a reprieve for EOS if projects’ plan is anything to go by.
For example, Dexive, a non-custodial, social and digital decentralized exchange, plans to first integrate Ethereum and NEO.
In later stages, it will integrate EOS and Ziliqa. At the moment though, it will launch its token, DXV, on the Ethereum platform.
DeFi and Exchanges Show Great Promise
The growth of exchanges and DeFi apps, uses that are wildly popular in social media, is steadily attracting new users.
In January, the number of DEXs in Ethereum rose 9.7%, outpacing the growth of DeFi.
Exchanges growth could be linked to user’s risk-averseness and the allure of controlling funds advised by risks of losing funds through hacks common in centralized exchanges.
Image Source: DappRadar
- Breaking: Valkyrie Planning To List Bitcoin Mining ETF On NASDAQ
- Just-In: OpenSea Reportedly Planning to Integrate Solana And Phantom Wallet
- Can Bitcoin’s Price Hit $1 Million? Ark Invest Is Confident It Can Happen In 2030
- DappRadar: Strong Possibility of DeFi Shakeout In 2022 Amid Crypto User Exodus
- YouTube’s Head of Gaming Joins Polygon Studios, CEO Praises NFT and Crypto
- Bitcoin And Ethereum Sell Off Nearing An End- CNBC Host Jim Cramer
- Crypto News: Thailand To Regulate Cryptocurrencies As Means of Payment
- YouTube’s CEO Hints That NFTs Might Be Coming To The Video Sharing App
- Will McDonald’s Accept Dogecoin Following Elon Musk’s Challenge?
- Bitcoin’s Positive Correlation With The Stock Market Index Records A Mild Increase
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?