According to the Blocktivity, EOS is currently at the top with the highest blockchain activity, getting ahead of BitShares (BTS), Steem (STEEM), Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH) and others. Though the EOS community is excited of this new development, some are sceptical of this as well.
EOS tops BTC, ETH, BTS, STEEM in blockchain activity
It hasn’t been long since EOS released its mainnet that was one of the most hyped as well as controversial launches. The world’s fifth largest cryptocurrency has been increasingly making developments in the cryptocurrency space. Recently, it reached well above 3,000 all-time high (ATH) transactions per second (TPS) leaving Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH), and XRP way behind. The latest development made by EOS is that it is currently topping the chart of Blockchain activity as per the transaction volume chart of Blocktivity.
EOS is at the number one spot, leaving behind BitShares (BTS), Steem (STEEM), Ethereum (ETH), and Bitcoin (BTC). Down the list, Komodo (KMD), Ethereum Classic (ETC), Litecoin (LTC), Dogecoin (DOGE), Dash (DASH), Bitcoin Cash (BCH), Monero (XMR), Zcash(ZEC) and others also make an appearance. The $6.9 billion cryptocurrency has the record activity of 9,441,232 which is also the highest of them all. However, if we take a look at the 7-day average, BTS has the highest share at 46.4 percent followed by EOS at 28.9 percent.
EOS enthusiasts are certainly happy with the news as commented by a Twitter user, Crypto Kind of Pop,
“And there aren’t even any killer DApps yet, which will change soon.”
While another one said,
“While still tickling its full capacity.”
One Redditor wrote,
“This was never going to be a surprise…. the EOS protocol is very capable, now it’s a matter of building out the features and expanding the ecosystem. Goodluck to the EOS Community, not that we need it.”
But… not everyone is in favor
However, some are skeptical as well, as one Redditor stated,
“It feels like saying “SMTP has more activity than printed mail” – but which carries the most value and which carries the most junk? Any system where transaction volume has low to zero expense is bound to be popular and vice versa. Don’t get me wrong, I hold EOS and passionately believe it’s a global game-changer, but that will be measured in other ways, not through “activity”.”
While another Twitter user commented,
“That’s pretty easy to inflate when transactions are “free” though.”
To which Chaney Moore, a crypto enthusiast replied,
“I know, isn’t it awesome we can do it for free! We are testing it with Spam at this point. As the Dapps in development gain adoption and we replace these hollow transactions with real ones the real fun will begin. Side chains, multithreading, I can’t wait to see EOS really flex!”
Also, according to EOS Scanner, the activity of blocktwitter is one such account that has created hundreds of transactions with just the same message. EOS has gone through a lot of ups and downs, what remains to be seen is how it will develop further as Dapps goes live on its network.
- OpenSea Fixes Vulnerability, But Users Are Still Losing NFTs To Hackers
- Crypto Mining: Putin Says Russia Has a ‘Competitive Advantage’ – Wants to ‘Tax and Regulate,’ Not Ban It
- Goldman Sachs Says Mainstream Crypto Adoption Not Enough to Boost Bitcoin (BTC) Price
- Fidelity Eyes for ETFs Tied to Metaverse After the SEC Rejects Its Spot Bitcoin ETF
- Rio De Jeneiro’s Mayor Reveals 1%Of Its Treasury Reserves Will Be Poured Into Cryptocurrencies
- Fake Grimacecoin Jumps 285,000% After McDonald’s’ Response to Elon Musk Tweet
- Turkey President Tayyip Erdoğan Orders For Metaverse Research
- After Twitter, Reddit Might Allow Users To Add NFT as Profile Picture
- Facebook’s Bumbling Crypto Venture Diem to Wind Down, Sell Assets
- Breaking: Valkyrie Planning To List Bitcoin Mining ETF On NASDAQ
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?