EOS has recorded a remarkable market performance within the last week. The price of EOS has increased by at least 20% within the last seven days. This lists EOS among the best performing cryptocurrencies in the last 7 days. This incredible price performance is believed to be a result of the excitement around its forthcoming September 23rd 1.8 upgrade and possibly, the news of Tim Draper’s arrival at MakeSense, a decentralized messaging app which uses the EOS blockchain to ensure the privacy of its users.
EOS Market Update
EOS is currently ranked 7th by market capitalization on CoinMarketCap. Possibly the highest gainer of the top 10 cryptocurrencies listed on CoinMarketCap with almost a 5% increase in price within the last 24 hours, EOS has climbed up the charts by more than 20% within a week. Gaining around $0.53 in the process, EOS is presently hovering around the $3.85 per unit and is fast approaching the $4 mark. It’s market capitalization looks strong and healthy at $3.58 billion with a 24-hour trading volume of $2.51 billion. The coin has constantly parried the competition put forward by rivals like USDT, BNB, XMR, and BSV.
What Has Brought About EOS’s Price Rally?
Recently, MakeSense Labs, the company that recently launched a Decentralized Application (dApp) Sense. Chat, announced on Monday that renowned cryptocurrency and venture investor, Tim Draper has been appointed as a member of their Board of Directors. According to Founder and CEO, Crystal Rose,
“Sense. Chat is the first messaging system of its kind utilizing blockchain technology for privacy and security. It has the potential for ushering in mass consumer adoption in crypto. As an early supporter of our mission and respected visionary in the space, Draper is an incredible asset for our team’s success.”
Tim Draper is the founder of Draper Associates and has also made significant contributions to major companies including Hotmail, Skype, and Tesla as an investor. Following Draper’s onboarding process at Sense.chat, the community has seen incredible growth at EOS. According to Tim Draper,
“The world is becoming decentralized. I am excited to support this amazing application. Sense.Chat improves human connections by allowing private, seamless messaging and payments.”
EOS Version 1.8 On its Way
Another reason for EOS’ price rise might be the upcoming upgrade. The EOS 1.8 upgrade was recently announced and developments towards the upgrade are constantly being presented to the community. The transition of the mainnet to a version 1.8 is of significant interest to the EOS community. The upgrade is slated for the 23rd of September and the community members are showing great enthusiasm about it.
Finally, among the factors suspected to have instigated a massive price rally for EOS is the development of a freelancing platform on the EOS blockchain. The freelancing platform, called Moonlighting, provides a blockchain platform where professionals can hire or be hired. The platform has since gained a considerable following and boasts of nearly 750k community members.
Given the developments happening in the EOS ecosystem, do you think it will hit the $4 mark?
- DeFi’s Liquidation Volume Hits $34.33 M ATH, The Highest Since Last year’s December
- Portugal opens First Physical Store for Buying and Selling of Bitcoin
- “This Irritates Me”- Elon Musk Slams Twitter’s Integration Of NFTs
- Crypto Mayhem Grips Markets, $230 Billion Decimated In Massive Red Friday Selloff
- New York City Mayor Eric Adams to Buy Bitcoin (BTC) and Ethereum (ETH) Dips Today
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Sagging Values To Get A Boost With New Token Burn Mechanism?
- U.S. Fed Releases New Whitepaper for CBDC Digital Dollar, Kickstarts Debate
- Crypto Market Flash Crash: Bitcoin (BTC) Down 8%, Ethereum (ETH) And Altcoins Follow
- Breaking: Twitter Integrates NFT Profile Pictures and Crypto Wallets On IOS
- El Salvador wants to give small businesses access to Bitcoin-backed loans
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?