Ether ($ETH), the second-largest cryptocurrency has continued its mammoth rally from last week to register another ATH above $3,500, rising by over 12% in the past 24 hours and gains over 37% in the past week.
ETH has continued its bullish rally amid declining Bitcoin dominance which has come down to a three-year low of 46.8%. Apart from the strong on-chain metrics including declining market supply and the increasing number of staked ETH in ETH 2.o contracts. The second-largest cryptocurrency has now doubled its 2017 high and looks set for a parabolic move just like Bitcoin did over the past 4 months.
Bitcoin and most of the altcoins are still recovering from the market correction that took place a couple of weeks ago, on the other hand, Ether has not just recovered from the low of $1945, it has grown by 1.5X in the same time frame when most of the other digital assets are still trying to consolidate on earlier losses.
Is Institutional Demand Behinmd the Rising Ether Price
Ether was trading under $100 during the same time frame last year and its current price is an indicator of its strong value and rising demand. However, along with growing staking and reducing market supply, many institutions have started considering adding Bitcoin to their sheets including JP Morgan, the former Bitcoin critic. JP Morgan in its recent paper has discussed the market depth of Ether and how quickly it managed to recover most of the losses from the early correction week.
The rising institutional demand is also reflective of the growing value of Grayscale’s Ethereum Fund, an institutional investment tool in absence of any regulated product in the market. The Grayscale Ethereum Trust’s valuation reached near $10 billion last week. The rising popularity of Ether has also led to the launch of ETH ETF in Canada last month making it the first regulated Ether-based investment in North America.
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Bitcoin S2F Founder says Current dip cannot stop Bitcoin from Adding Another Zero
- Football Clubs Look To Mine Cash Revenue With Crypto Offerings
- Fed Readying To Launch The US Crypto Policy? White House Directs Agencies To Prepare Report
- Here’s Why You Should NOT Yet Buy the Bitcoin Dip, Miner Capitulation Ahead?
- MicroStrategy (MSTR) Stock On Free Fall As SEC Rejects Its Bitcoin Accounting Strategy
- Second Consecutive Crash Day Extends Investor Loses Over $350 Billion, El Salvador Buys the Dip
- DeFi’s Liquidation Volume Hits $34.33 M ATH, The Highest Since Last year’s December
- Portugal opens First Physical Store for Buying and Selling of Bitcoin
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?