For Ethereum (ETH) fans, there is every reason to be optimistic. Not only is ETH rallying but the expectation of the masses is that the platform will eventually disrupt processes and drive to oblivion several projects.
For now, Ethereum remains as a platform that is still grappling with scalability challenges but developers, and especially the project’s co-founder, Vitalik Buterin, remains positive on the future, strongly believing that its development will be steady.
Ethereum is up by 6% Crosses 200$
Meanwhile, as price flirts with the psychological $200-mark, $17 million worth of ETH has been moved out of Binance in the last 24 hours.
Of DeFi and First Mover Advantage
Ethereum enjoys a first-mover advantage. It has its own programming language, Solidity, and a Virtual Machine; developers are gravitating despite incentives from competing platforms.
Tron is particular, in 2018, rolled out irresistible products and a compatible VM causing several Ethereum projects to shift to the dPoS system.
#TRON Network is not a problem but the solution of congetions of others blockchain like #ethereum thank's To #TVM every developer can to migrate dapps and projects with Total Transparence ! Smile and Work is #TRON #TRX $TRX.
— Djoumoi Faridi ???? (@Elcryptomento) October 11, 2018
Nonetheless, Ethereum remains stronger in terms of development and is the most active, even more than Bitcoin.
A recent report further revealed that Ethereum, in the smart contracting category, has the highest number of addresses.
As far as new users, most of them were attracted by Ethereum’s development and particularly the rise of DeFi and dapps.
#Ethereum's #DeFi category has already generated many headlines and is clearly one of the key trends of 2019. We can see from the graph that these #dapps don’t have a mass audience but are creating value. @MakerDAO@dydxprotocolhttps://t.co/W8B0NJFxDO pic.twitter.com/3XCaUKy3ia
— DappRadar (@DappRadar) December 29, 2019
Transactions-wise, Tron, and EOS lead with both emerging as a favorite for gaming and gambling apps.
But Ethereum progress, like any other decentralized public chain, has been steady and milestone along its roadmap struck.
Since Frontier, Homestead—where definitive events like the DAO forced a hard fork, to Metropolis where miner rewards were slashed by a third, the next and the final phase, Serenity, which will usher Ethereum 2.0, the platform has truly proved critics wrong.
In Ethereum 2.0, the platform will not only be scalable but secure and completely decentralized. Towards that end, several solutions whose foundations were laid in Metropolis would be activated.
Through Sharding, transactions would be verified faster while the incorporation of privacy solutions will shield ETH transactions against trackers.
Meanwhile, Proof of Stake means Ethereum will be energy efficient and holders earn rewards when they stake their coins.
Ethereum being Digital Gold and Multi-faceted
Now, partly because of Ethereum’s robustness and activity, an observer warns that the network “might eat other chain’s entire reason for existing.”
He then lists the multi-faceted nature of the blockchain including the network acting Programmable money chain through DeFi, being an Internet of chains, which will be enabled via Ethereum 2.0 Sharding, and ETH emerging as a true “Digital gold chain” better than Bitcoin.
Careful. Ethereum tech might eat your chain’s entire reason for existing
Privacy chain ? AZTEC
Digital gold chain ? ETH
App-specific chains ? Rollups
Internet of chains ? Eth2 shards
Programmable money chain ? DeFi
— Ryan Sean Adams – rsa.eth (@RyanSAdams) February 5, 2020
For this, supporters believe that ETH has the most bullish case in the crypto scene, and one should buy ETH first, and BTC second.
“I love Bitcoin. It is fulfilling its goal of being digital gold. However, Ethereum is the platform for every other digital transaction on Earth (even non-financial)! Ethereum is the greatest asymmetric trade the world has ever seen. Buy Ethereum first and Bitcoin second.”
I love #Bitcoin ❤️. It is fulfilling its goal of being digital gold. However, #Ethereum is the platform for every other digital transaction on Earth (even non-financial)! Ethereum is the greatest assymetric trade the world has ever seen. Buy Ethereum first and Bitcoin second.
— Tyler.Smith.eth (@R_Tyler_Smith) May 15, 2019
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Bitcoin S2F Founder says Current dip cannot stop Bitcoin from Adding Another Zero
- Football Clubs Look To Mine Cash Revenue With Crypto Offerings
- Fed Readying To Launch The US Crypto Policy? White House Directs Agencies To Prepare Report
- Here’s Why You Should NOT Yet Buy the Bitcoin Dip, Miner Capitulation Ahead?
- MicroStrategy (MSTR) Stock On Free Fall As SEC Rejects Its Bitcoin Accounting Strategy
- Second Consecutive Crash Day Extends Investor Loses Over $350 Billion, El Salvador Buys the Dip
- DeFi’s Liquidation Volume Hits $34.33 M ATH, The Highest Since Last year’s December
- Portugal opens First Physical Store for Buying and Selling of Bitcoin
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?