Ethereum’s layer two protocol, StarkWare has ended its series D funding at $100 million. The announcement was made in a tweet by the company, few hours ago. StarkWare Industries is a layer two Ethereum block protocol, founded on January 1, 2018. Its headquarters is located in Netanya, HaMerkaz, Israel.
StarkWare Attain $8 Billion Quadruple In Six Months
The company is currently valued at $8 billion, following its latest series D funding. The company’s first series funding dates back to Oct. 28, 2018. The series A funding was led by venture capital firms, Sequoia Capital and Paradigm. It added 18 investors and six partners. $30 million was raised.
On March 24, 2021, the company embarked on a Series B funding and successfully added eight investors and seven partners. A huge $75 million was raised. Few months later, the company launched its Series C funding, on Nov. 16, 2021.
The fund closed with $50 million and the company’s total value appreciating from $2 billion to $6 billion. Three investors and two partners were added. The latest Series D funding has led to a $8 billion valuation after closing at $100 million.
Prediction Of A Layer 2-driven Future
An anonymous user on Reddit has given his projection of what the future holds for Ethereum-based assets. According to him, L1 thrived because of an absence of competition, evidenced by attaining the sales phase while competition was still in the development phase.
He believes scaling and the perception of a better Blockchain would fast become a commodity. The future would mean even more competition in the L2, which is a good thing, considering the fact that they are decentralized.
He believes that there is a process for an L2 adoption and even though its not moving swiftly, they are already better options in terms of “reliability, decreasing fees, and increasing accessibility.” Despite all of these, the door is still open for development.
The user clearly believes Ethereum is unrivaled. In his own words, “Ethereum is and will be the only credibly neutral blockchain in existence.”
- Shiba Inu Emerges As Top Choice Of ETH Whales; Here’s Why
- Just-In: Shiba Inu Will Release New Token, Here’s How To Earn It
- Breaking: China Court Rules Restrictions On USDT, Here’s Why
- After Market Turmoil, USDC Issuer Circle Comes Clean Hinting No Liquidity Risks
- Just In: More Trouble For India’s Crypto Ecosystem With Latest Enforcement
- Is Celsius (CEL) Next To File Bankruptcy After Voyager, Three Arrows
- Bitcoin Hovers Around 20K; Will It Recover?
- Lido Staked ETH (stETH) Close To Ethereum Price, Why It’s Good For Crypto
- Ethereum (ETH) Recovery To $1.1K A Dead Cat Bounce, Here’s Why
- In June 2022, Bitcoin (BTC) Recorded the Worst Monthly Performance In History, Now What?
- MANA Price Analysis: Will Triangle Breakout Propel Market Price by 40%?
- Solana Price Analysis: Emerging Pattern May Bolster SOL Above $42.5
- BNB Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern Breakout Aims BNB to Surpass $300
- APE Price Analysis: $5.6 Breakout May Trigger Bullish Reversal pattern
- CRV Price analysis: Rising $CRV Knockout $0.86 Resistance; is $1 Next?
- Polygon Price Analysis: 20 EMA Resistance Pressurize MATIC for $0.45 Breakdown
- THORChain Price Analysis: Reversal Pattern Aim RUNE Price to Hit $3.4
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Cup & Handle Pattern Aims SAND to Reach $1.5
- AVAX Price Analysis: Breakout Rally Eyes $22.1 Mark; Buy Now?
- Cardano price Analysis: ADA Price Nearing Triangle Breakout Eyes $0.655