Ethereum [ETH] core development team is once again calling on its node operators to update their nodes as fears of a possible attack is on the rise. Should the clients just consolidate to one implementation?
Parity client nodes upgrade
On Monday, 30th December 2019, a number of noes stopped syncing to the blockchain rising fears of a possible attack on Ethereum. Specifically, these nodes are identified to be on the Parity client, one that holds over 21% of the total nodes. The statement from the official report reads,
“We have investigated reports of some Parity Ethereum nodes not syncing and believe there may be an attack underway. New releases v2.6.8-beta & v2.5.13-stable protect against this. Download the update here.”
All Parity nodes including the affected and those unaffected are advised to update their nodes to brace for the possible attack.
We have investigated reports of some Parity Ethereum nodes not syncing and believe there may be an attack underway.
— Parity Technologies (@ParityTech) December 31, 2019
Despite the positive need to make an update on the Parity nodes, the community remain confused o whether they should update their nodes given the diminished support for the Parity. Well, given the high number of nodes on Parity, currently at ~1600 nodes, the client still holds value to the chain. However, a number of exchanges such as Bitfly have warned their users to switch to the more stable Geth client in coming days.
We have received multiple reports that @ParityTech nodes are randomly falling out of sync on the #Ethereum mainnet. See https://t.co/5cJRh4YtoO for more information. If you are using Parity as mining node we recommend to switch to geth as soon as possible.
— Bitfly (@etherchain_org) December 30, 2019
Is a client consolidation in the offing?
With the consistent falling out of nodes from Parity and other clients making negligible contributions to the network, users/firms are increasingly moving towards Geth. Can the field once and for all consolidate into one client such as Bitcoin’s, Bitcoin Core?
I’m a big fan of that narrative. Having at least two clients does have a lot of benefits IMO but might not last long. Is your argument that it doesn’t matrer because it will inevitably lead to consolidation?
— Larry Cermak (@lawmaster) December 30, 2019
Some of the crypto companies including LocalEthereum, recently renamed to LocalCryptos, have offered a hint of a possible exit from Parity come 2020. A tweet from the official account reads,
“Our Ethereum node fleet is mostly made up of Parity (with a couple of Geths as fallback). We built great internal tooling & infra around our Parity node fleet and haven’t found the time to do the same for Geth. One of the first things we’ll do in 2020 is rely less on Parity.”
It will be an exciting time for Ether heading to the new decade.
- Ethereum’s Futures Open Interest hit a 3-month low, what does this mean for the market?
- Professional Mining from Digital Mining Experts Is Now Available via GMT
- Just-In: Georgia Binds Its Residents in Holy Oath Against Bitcoin Mining
- Wager Based 3D PVE/PVP Arena Battler Engines of Fury Storms GameFi With Incredible Content
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Devs Begin to Fix Recent Issue of ‘Wormhole’ Addresses’; Here’s All You Need to Know
- BNY Mellon Sees Meaningful Revenue In Crypto by 2023 Post Clear Regulations
- Moody’s Confirms El Salvador’s Ratings Unchanged After President Bukele’s Reactive Tweet
- Luxury Car brand Lamborghini joins the NFT Bandwagon
- Mercedes Taps NFT Creators In Celebration of G-Class Series
- Why Ethereum (ETH) Price May Explode Coming July?
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?