Since another recent bloodbath of December 4, 2021, the Ethereum coin price was trying to sustain above the $3650 support. The price action already provided three retests to this bottom support, and wobbling in a falling wedge pattern, the coin indicates a better probability for starting a recovery rally. However, the current selling pressure in the market has violated this support as well, suggesting extending price correction.
Ethereum Key technical points:
- The daily RSI line approaching the oversold region
- ETH Fear and Greed Index is pointing at the fear sentiment
- The 24-hour trading volume in the Ethereum coin is $29.4 billion, indicating a 131% gain.
When we covered an article on Ethereum coin, the pair resonated in a falling wedge pattern. The price has been in this pattern for more than a month leading to this correction phase. Though this pattern usually provides a bullish opportunity with overhead resistance breakout, the sudden sell-off in the crypto market had other plans.
On January 5, the price finally breaches a confluence of crucial technical supports, i.e., $3634, support trendline, 0.382 Fibonacci retracement level, indicating the price will continue its correction rally.
The ETH price is still trying to sustain above the 200 MA, maintaining its overall bullishness. However, the crucial MAs(20, 50, and 100) could act as a valid resistance level.
The daily Relative Strength Index (32) shows a sharp dump to the bearish territory, displaying the selling pressure in the crypto market.
ETH Price Could Pullback To Retest The Descending Trendline
The ETH coin price is currently trading at the $3397 mark, with an intraday loss of 4.02%. However, the price obtaining support from the daily-200 could retrace to retest its new resistance level of $3600 or the descending trendline. If the coin could sustain at this lower level the price should continue a downward rally.
The important horizontal resistance levels are $3600 and $3900. Moreover, the support levels are $3156 and $2766.
Ethereum Fear and Greed index
-With ongoing sell-off on the crypto market, the Ethereum fear and greed index is now rated 25 out of 100, indicating a fear sentiment among the market participants.
- OpenSea’s Meteoric Rise May Trigger An Ethereum Crash, Here’s Why
- Breaking: JPMorgan Closes Uniswap (UNI) Founder’s Accounts
- UBS Warns Of Apocalyptic Crypto Winter And The Cryptocurrency Prices Are Poised To Crash
- SOL Tanks 6% As Solana Faces Another 48 Hour Outage, Boom and Bust Moment for Solana?
- Fantom (FTM) Surpasses Avalanche and Solana as DeFi TVL Crosses $12 Billion
- Buy The Dip Survey Shows 61% Of Chinese Bitcoin Investors Still Willing To Bet On Bitcoin
- Mike Novogratz Bets To Pay Peter Schiff $1 M If Bitcoin Price Stays Below $35,000 After 2022
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Bitcoin S2F Founder says Current dip cannot stop Bitcoin from Adding Another Zero
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?