- Ethereum breaks out, stepping above but the journey to $240 and $250 is an uphill task.
- ETH/USD bounce from $227 (opening value) rides on a key falling wedge pattern breakout.
Ethereum is at the helm of cryptocurrency recovery on Monday following an advance made from $227 (opening value) to highs above $240. Ether is not the only cryptocurrency as in the green; Bitcoin, Ripple and Bitcoin Cash are trading 1.32%, 1.04%, and $2.54% higher in that same order.
As for Ethereum, the price is in the hands of the bulls. However, buyers are still falling short of a catalyst to sustain gains towards the psychological $240. At the time of writing, ETH/USD is trading at $235. The gains are following an incredible breakout above a falling wedge pattern. In addition, buyers are encouraged to increase their entries due to the price trading above the moving averages.
ETH/USD 4-hour chart
In the event of a reversal, Ethereum is likely to find immediate support at the 50 SMA ($231.02) and the 200 SMA ($228.28) in the 4-hour range. The existing trend is mainly bullish owing to the upward-pointing Relative Strength Index (RSI).
Moreover, the Moving Average Convergence Divergence (MACD) is moving closer to the mean line (0.00) after recovery from the dip to -3.74 on June 15. If the MACD crosses into the positive side of the midline, there is a chance that bulls will refresh the price action towards $240 and $250. Note that, the falling wedge pattern impact could still extend upwards as long it is supported by an increase in volume.
Ethereum Intraday Key Levels
Relative change: 7.32
Percentage change: 3.21%
Trend: Bearish biased
- Elon Musk Tweet: Tesla Accepting Dogecoin, But There Is A Catch!
- Chainalysis Report Claims Criminal Usage Of Cryptocurrency Will Decrease In 2022
- SHIB Bulls Cause Shiba Inu Prices To Skyrocket
- Strike App Faces Problems In Argentina; Does Not Support Bitcoin, Claim Users
- Crypto Exchange Bitfinex Tells Ontario Customers To Close Accounts After OSC Canada Cracks Its Whip
- Rio De Janeiro Plans To Buy Bitcoin With City’s 1% Reserve; Tax Discounts Also To Be Offered
- India Seizes $5 Million Worth Assets in $162M Morris Coin Crypto Ponzi Scheme
- North Korean Hackers Embezzled $400 Million In Cryptocurrency Last Year – Report
- Breaking: Elon Musks Tweets ‘Tesla Merch Buyable with Dogecoin’
- Crypto Exchange Binance Enables Direct Withdrawals to Ethereum Layer 2
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?