- Ethereum bulls defend ascending channel’s middle boundary support on the daily chart.
- Price action past $2,000 may trigger massive buy orders as $2,500 beckons.
- The MACD shows that the uptrend is not secured and declines will likely come into the picture.
Ethereum has been on an upward role since the beginning of March, as observed on the daily chart. The pioneer altcoin rose from the lows traded at $1,292 toward the end of February and reclaimed the position above $2,000 in April’s first week.
A new record high was also achieved at $2,146 (on Coinbase) before the correction on Wednesday came into the picture. Attempts to defend the support at $2,000 were thwarted by increased overhead pressure, which affected most digital assets, including Bitcoin. The flagship cryptocurrency extended the bearish leg to $56,000 before finding stability.
At the time of writing, Ether teeters at $1,987 while holding onto the immediate support provided by the ascending channel’s middle boundary on the daily chart. If this support remains intact, Ether will likely gain market stability, allowing bulls to focus on stepping above $2,000.
The least resistance path appears upward based on the applied moving averages. The 50-day Simple Moving Average (SMA) maintains a gap above the longer-term 100 SMA and the 200 SMA to show that the trend still favors the bulls.
ETH/USD daily hour chart
On the downside, it is worth mentioning that the Moving Average Convergence Divergence (MACD) has a bearish impulse. This shows that the expected uptrend is in jeopardy and ETH may resume the downtrend, especially if the MACD line crosses under the signal line. Other support levels have been highlighted at $1,800 and $1,600 if declines extend.
Ethereum intraday levels
Spot rate: $1,995
Support: $1,800 and $1,600
Resistance: $2,000 and $2,146
- New Crypto Rules In Europe: A Global Standard For Regulation?
- ‘Big Short’ Michael Burry Says Bitcoin Crash Is Only Halfway Through
- These Whales Scoop $850 mln Worth FTX Tokens Ahead Of BlockFi Deal
- Breaking: El Salvador Buys 80 Bitcoin (BTC), Here’s How Prices Reacted
- U.S. DoJ Slaps Charges Against Promoters of Baller Ape Club NFT In Rug Pull Scam
- Canada-based Ledn Challenges FTX’s Bid of BlockFi Acquisition With Better Proposal
- Just In: Basel Committee Proposes Cap For Banks’ Bitcoin Holding
- Dogecoin (DOGE), Shiba Inu (SHIB) Show Strength, Here’s Why
- Breaking: Singapore Financial Regulator Reprimands Three Arrows Capital
- Ethereum Exchange Supply Spikes, ETH At A Risk of Correcting to $700 And Below
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- SHIB Price Analysis: Sustained Selling may Lead $SHIB to $0.0000074?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Crashing SAND Prices Warns 25% Downfall
- Solana Price Analysis: $36 Breakdown Teases SOL Price to Revisit $26
- Chainlink Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern could Lead LINK price below to $5
- AAVE Price Analysis: Buyers Need $76.6 Breakout to Trigger Bullish Recovery
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Rising APE Price Knockout Another Barrier; is $6 Next?