- ETH/USD is exchanging hands at $159.54 while dancing at the 38.2% Fib retracement level.
- Ethereum bulls must push the price above $160 to cement the building bullish momentum.
Ethereum is fighting for recovery following the broad-based declines across the cryptocurrency market. There has been a formidable correction from Thursday low at $148.02 to the current $159.54 at press time. While the intraday charts are showing a bullish momentum building, Ethereum is still trending 4.8% lower compared to the same time on Thursday.
Ethereum short-term technical picture
ETH/USD 1-hour chart
ETH/USD is exchanging hands at $159.54 while dancing at the 38.2% Fib retracement level taken between the previous high at $178.45 to a low of $147.02. Following the break of the week’s support congestion zone at $160, the price entered into a seller interest zone around $158, a move that increased the sellers’ confidence who pushed the price the levels traded in the first week of April amid the incredible bull rally.
The bulls must push the crypto above the 38.2% Fib level, beat the resistance at the 12 EMA and bring the price above the support turned resistance at $160. This will allow the price to re-enter yesterday’s short-lived consolidation zone between $163.29 – $166.69. At the moment, this is considered a bullish area for Ethereum and will allow the buyers to gather strength in preparation for an assault on the next resistance targets at the 61.8% Fib level, $168.04 resistance and $170.00 hurdle.
The trends displayed by technical indicators like the RSI and the MACD shows ETH/USD having potential sideways trading if not upside correction in the coming sessions. The RSI, for example, has corrected to 40.37 from levels around 19.15 while the MACD at -1.8956 is in an upward slope to confirm that the buyers have an upper hand.
Ethereum Key Technical Indicators
RSI 1-hour: 40.37 (trend: ranging).
MACD 1-hour: Below the mean line but trending upwards.
EMA 12 1-hour: $159.99
Resistance 1: $160.00
Resistance 2: 163.29
Resistance 3: 168.00
Support 1: The 23.6% Fib level
Support 2: $148.00.
- OpenSea Fixes Vulnerability, But Users Are Still Losing NFTs To Hackers
- Crypto Mining: Putin Says Russia Has a ‘Competitive Advantage’ – Wants to ‘Tax and Regulate,’ Not Ban It
- Goldman Sachs Says Mainstream Crypto Adoption Not Enough to Boost Bitcoin (BTC) Price
- Fidelity Eyes for ETFs Tied to Metaverse After the SEC Rejects Its Spot Bitcoin ETF
- Rio De Jeneiro’s Mayor Reveals 1%Of Its Treasury Reserves Will Be Poured Into Cryptocurrencies
- Fake Grimacecoin Jumps 285,000% After McDonald’s’ Response to Elon Musk Tweet
- Turkey President Tayyip Erdoğan Orders For Metaverse Research
- After Twitter, Reddit Might Allow Users To Add NFT as Profile Picture
- Facebook’s Bumbling Crypto Venture Diem to Wind Down, Sell Assets
- Breaking: Valkyrie Planning To List Bitcoin Mining ETF On NASDAQ
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?