Ethereum price dropped below the 100 Simple Moving Average (SMA) at $3,920 on December 17, unravelling a possible bearish forecast. The descending parallel channel chart pattern suggests that Ethereum could see an 8% drop. To invalidate the pessimistic outlook, ETH would need to overcome the 100-day SMA resistance.
Ethereum Price Could Drop To $3,515
ETH price is trading just above the middle boundary of the descending parallel channel around $3,877 as seen on the daily chart. A descending parallel channel is a significantly bearish chart pattern that suggests a continued bearish leg as long as the price of an asset remains within the confines of the falling channel.
For ETH, the descending channel chart pattern points to an 8% downswing from the current price to tag the lower boundary of the channel at $3,515.
The down-sloping moving averages and the position of the Relative Strength Index (RSI) indicator at 41.53 suggest that Ethereum is firmly in the hands of the bears, accentuating this bearish outlook.
Moreover, the downward movement of the Movign Average Convergence Divergence (MACD) indicator shows adds credence to ETH price bearish narrative.
ETH/USD Daily Chart
On the upside, the bearish thesis could be invalidated if ETH price overcomes the immediate resistance at $3,920 embraced by the 100 SMA. If this happens, Ethereum price may potentially undo the losses that began on December 01 by breaking out above the upper boundary of the prevailing chart pattern at $4,117.
However, any movement further could be inhibited by stiff resistance from $4,430 level and $4,337 where the 50-day SMA lies.
Ethereum bulls would need support from the wider market to overcome these hurdles which may see the ETH price pushed higher towards the peak of the descending parallel channel at $4,840 after which a move to discover new prices above the $5,000 will be the next logical move.
The position of the MACD above the zero line in the positive region adds credence to this bullish outlook.
- Terra LUNA 2.0 Price Falls By Over 60% Hours After Airdrop
- What Is Terra LUNA 2.0, Here’s All You Need To Know
- Whales Accumulating These DeFi Tokens Amid Price Crash
- This Analyst Predicts A Bitcoin Bottom Before Bullish Momentum
- Terra Team Officially Activates Terra 2.0 Pheonix-1 mainnet, Here Are the Details
- Tron’s TRX Burn Total Exceeds 7.7 Billion
- Tron Stablecoin Reaches Key Milestone Amid Bearish Trends
- Binance Italy Gets Govt Nod, Global Expansion Goes On
- Just In: Russia Inches Closer To Crypto Adoption With Latest Move
- Ethereum Classic (ETC) Soars 9% As ETH Crashes, Here’s Why
- CRV Price Analysis: Dual Trendline Limits The CRV Bull Run
- DOT Price Analysis: Uncertainty Over DOT Price May End With Trendline Breakout
- ERON Price Analysis: Emerging Bullish Pattern Foretells 65% Rise In ERON
- AAVE Price Analysis : $95 Breakdown Rease 25% Fall In AAVE Price
- Sandbox Price Analysis: High Volume Breakout Aims SAND To Hit $2.6
- MATIC Price Analysis: Bullish Influence Grows on Consolidation
- TRON Price Analysis: High Volume Breakout may Lead TRX to $0.9 Mark
- Tezos Price Analysis: Dynamic Trendline May Carry XTZ Price to $2.4
- AAVE Price Analysis: AAVE Chart Hints Coin Holders May Lose $100 Mark
- What Next For The Fast Recovering FTM Price?