Ethereum price prediction is bearish as it trades below the December down trendline. ETH’s inability to reclaim the $4,000 crucial level is a suggestion that selling the largest altcoin my market cap remains a threat.
Ethereum’s (ETH) price action has been uneventful in the first few days of 2022 and it continues to languish below the $4,000 psychological level. The Crypto Fear and Greed Index is in the Extreme Fear zone registering a value of 23/100 on Tuesday.
However, according to Ecoinmetrics, an on-chain resource analysis company, stages of extreme fear rarely linger for long, meaning they have a downside of around 30 days.
Ethereum continues to garner support from various quarters. Yield-boosting application Convex Finance continues to allow users to access liquidity and earn fees from Ethereum-based stable coin exchange Curve Finance. Convex Finance crossed the $20 billion mark in total value locked (TVL) on January 02, days after becoming the second-largest decentralized finance (DeFi) protocol by TVL, pointing to increased adoption and utilization of Ethereum as a Layer-1 protocol.
Can Ethereum turn away from the downward price action and rise above the December downtrend line to start a rally?
Ethereum Price Prediction: The Bearish Leg To Continue As $3,500 Looms
Ethereum’s failure to rise above the $4,000 psychological level suggests that bears are selling on every minor rally. Ethereum’s rebound off the $3,617 to $3,577.68 support zone has reached $3,800 level where the bears are mounting a stiff challenge. The 50-day Simple Moving Average (SMA) down-sloping and the relative strength index (RSI) is positioned at 41.45, indicating advantage to bears.
ETH/USD Daily Chart
The position of the Movign Average Convergence Divergence (MACD) indicator below the zero line in the negative region and the declining transaction volume is an indication that the bears have an upper hand.
If the price continues lower, the bears will again try to pull the Ethereum price below the support zone. If they manage to do that, the price of the smart contract giant’s token could start its downward journey to tag the $3,200 support level.
On the other hand, the bearish Ethereum price prediction could be invalidated if bulls push the price above the downtrend line and then above the moving averages. If this happens, it will suggest that the corrective phase is over with a rally $4,643 being the next logical move.
- Fidelity Eyes for ETFs Tied to Metaverse After the SEC Rejects Its Spot Bitcoin ETF
- Fake Grimacecoin Jumps 285,000% After McDonald’s’ Response to Elon Musk Tweet
- Turkey President Tayyip Erdoğan Orders For Metaverse Research
- After Twitter, Reddit Might Allow Users To Add NFT as Profile Picture
- Facebook’s Bumbling Crypto Venture Diem to Wind Down, Sell Assets
- Breaking: Valkyrie Planning To List Bitcoin Mining ETF On NASDAQ
- Just-In: OpenSea Reportedly Planning to Integrate Solana And Phantom Wallet
- Can Bitcoin’s Price Hit $1 Million? Ark Invest Is Confident It Can Happen In 2030
- DappRadar: Strong Possibility of DeFi Shakeout In 2022 Amid Crypto User Exodus
- YouTube’s Head of Gaming Joins Polygon Studios, CEO Praises NFT and Crypto
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?