Ethereum price action was bullish on Monday and Tuesday, whereby the hurdle at $2,650 was tested but not broken. A correction occurred on Wednesday with Ether diving under last week’s key support at $2,400. A weekly low has been traded at $2,350, allowing bulls to attempt another shot at sustaining the uptrend.
At the time of writing, ETH is trading at $2430 amid a gradual recovery action. It is essential to realize that the pioneer token is dancing within the confines of a descending triangle. If this pattern matures, Ethereum may dive massively, exploring levels significantly under $2,000.
Is Ethereum heading for another downfall?
The descending triangle is a bearish formation in technical analysis and mainly occurs within a downtrend as a continuation pattern. A couple or more relatively equal lows form the horizontal (x-axis) support while a descending trendline is drawn along with the lower highs.
As the pattern develops, volume tends to contract but increases drastically when the x-axis is broken. The volume is a key for the confirmation of the downtrend. A massive dip is expected after the price slides under the price. Note that triangles tend to have exact breakout targets, determined by measuring the distance between the widest points, as illustrated.
ETH/USD four-hour chart
Therefore, if the descending triangle breakout materializes, Ethereum price may dip significantly under $2,000. Realize that a 27% drop under the breakout point will see Ether falling to $1,650.
Ethereum has already reclaimed support at $2,400, and bulls are again working on a recovery action on the flipside. If the uptrend makes it above the descending trendline, the downtrend will be sabotaged in favor of stretching the bullish leg above $3,000.
Ethereum price intraday levels
Spot rate: $2,430
Trend: Short-term bullish bias
Resistance: The 50 SMA, $2,650
Support: $2,400, $2,100 and $1,750
- Just-In: Bitcoin May Soon Be A Legal Tender in Arizona
- OpenSea Fixes Vulnerability, But Users Are Still Losing NFTs To Hackers
- Crypto Mining: Putin Says Russia Has a ‘Competitive Advantage’ – Wants to ‘Tax and Regulate,’ Not Ban It
- Goldman Sachs Says Mainstream Crypto Adoption Not Enough to Boost Bitcoin (BTC) Price
- Fidelity Eyes for ETFs Tied to Metaverse After the SEC Rejects Its Spot Bitcoin ETF
- Rio De Jeneiro’s Mayor Reveals 1%Of Its Treasury Reserves Will Be Poured Into Cryptocurrencies
- Fake Grimacecoin Jumps 285,000% After McDonald’s’ Response to Elon Musk Tweet
- Turkey President Tayyip Erdoğan Orders For Metaverse Research
- After Twitter, Reddit Might Allow Users To Add NFT as Profile Picture
- Facebook’s Bumbling Crypto Venture Diem to Wind Down, Sell Assets
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?