In the ICO market, Europe is beating the US and Asia by implementing favorable regulations in order to become the hub of this new technology along with a vast talent pool in terms of developers.
Europe leading the “Token Sales”
European countries are in the dominant position when it comes to cryptocurrencies. About $4.1 billion of “token sales” this year belongs to Europe in comparison to $2.6 billion in the US and $2.3 billion in Asia.
The latest report “State of the Token Market” by Fabric Ventures notes,
“While an increasing number of countries strive to attract crypto projects by creating a regulatory ‘sandbox’, the majority of founding teams and developer talent remain Europe-based. London, Zug, Berlin, and Tallinn are just a handful of cities leading Europe with robust blockchain talent. It comes as no surprise that these cities have historically been hubs for attracting top fintech startups.”
Out of all the Initial Coin Offerings (ICOs), 42 percent were the successful ones while majority that is 58 percent have been the failures that either reported a full refund of token sale proceeds or failed to disclose the data on fundraising completion.
According to the report, favorable regulation and talent in the form of developers are behind this boom.
With about 5.5 million developers, as per Stack Overflow, Europe is in a good position in terms of talent in comparison to 4.4 million in the US. Furthermore, it has twice as many STEM PhDs as the US. The report states,
“…with this wave that’s democratizing access to capital, the technical talent doesn’t need to migrate to the US to raise venture capital and build global companies. As a result, the value created by founders coming from different corners of Europe has significantly outraced any other geographic region: $4.1bn has been raised by European projects in 2018 alone – versus $2.3bn in Asia, and $2.6bn in the US.”
France will not “miss out on the blockchain revolution,” as openly stated by France’s Minister of Economy Bruno Le Maire, and is planning to become the global hub for ICOs.
Moreover, the UK Chancellor has announced a crypto asset task force while Switzerland has already issued a clear regulatory framework. Additionally, smaller countries like Malta and Liechtenstein are moving ahead with open regulatory approaches to become global hubs for cryptocurrencies and decentralized networks.
The report shares,
“Throughout European countries, a competitive race has begun to provide the most founder-friendly & forward thinking regulatory environment for decentralized networks and their native crypto-assets.”
The report also takes the nature of European “city-states” another reason as “As a continent made of 50 vastly different countries, Europe is accustomed to working in distributed teams as well as building with a global outlook.”
Diverse and multinational teams are the way to go as every budding company in Europe knows the way to avoid the small domestic economies is to spread internationally.
- Breaking: Twitter Integrates NFT Profile Pictures and Crypto Wallets On IOS
- El Salvador wants to give small businesses access to Bitcoin-backed loans
- Meta and Instagram To Allow Users To Create, Display And Sell NFTs
- Breaking: Bank of Russia Calls for Full Ban on Cryptocurrency
- Will Turkey Follow El Salvador to Legalize Bitcoin (BTC) Tender?
- Breaking: Andreessen Horowitz Seeks $4.5B For New Crypto Investments
- Meme Coin Update: BabyDoge Coin Crosses $1.6B Marketcap And 1.3M Holders
- Microsoft’s Activision Acquisition Bullish for SHIB Community- Shiba Inu Spokesperson
- GBTC Share Price Tanks As the Bitcoin Fund Trades At Record Discount
- Terra Ecosystem Announces the LUNA Foundation Guard (LFG) to Boost Growth, LUNA Up 4%
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?