The Ripple vs. SEC case will be pushed a month back due to the surging Omicron variant of the Coronavirus in the US. This was revealed in a tweet by Eleanor Terrett who is a well-known journalist at Fox Business.
Eleanor tweeted, “The expert discovery deadline in the Ripple vs. SEC case will be pushed back a month due to the rapid spread of the Omicron variant. A source close to the case tells @FoxBusiness a letter outlining this new motion will be filed in court as early as tomorrow.”
SCOOP: The expert discovery deadline in the Ripple vs. SEC case will be pushed back a month due to the rapid spread of the Omicron variant. A source close to the case tells @FoxBusiness a letter outlining this new motion will be filed in court as early as tomorrow. #XRP
— Eleanor Terrett (@EleanorTerrett) January 12, 2022
SEC vs Ripple case
Before going into the details, it is imperative to know what exactly the case between Ripple and SEC is. The SEC had filed a case on December 22, 2020, against Ripple Labs and two of its executives. The SEC contends that Tipple traded $1.3 billion in their cryptocurrency XRP as security without registering it with the SEC. Ripple and other parties have since countered with claims that the SEC is biased in its assessment.
Most of the companies who have faced the wrath of the SEC often acceded to the demands and went on for a compromise. However, Ripple is not taking the matter lying down and has decided to take the case to its logical conclusion.
Ripple accuses the SEC of bias and applies the definition of “security” to virtual currencies. If this is proven to be true, it would undercut the commission’s authority, not to mention blemish the credibility of their case.
Under SEC regulations, securities must be registered with the commission, and specific financial statements must be publicly disclosed. The objective is to negate fraud and protect the stakes of investors.
- Do Kwon Says Terra Collecting Snapshot Data For LUNA Airdrop
- Top ETH Whales Add These DeFi Tokens Amid Crypto Volatility
- Here’s Why Bitcoin (BTC) Could Be In for Another 50% Correction Under $15,000
- Another Top Exchange To Delist Terra UST Over Collapse
- Just-In: Vitalik Buterin No Longer A Billionaire As Ethereum Crashes
- Bitcoin Price: Key Metrics Show Surprising Insights
- After Terra Crash, Galaxy Digital CEO Warns Against Bottom Buying
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Prices May Jump Next Week; Here’s Why
- Is Andre Cronje Back On Fantom? FTM Jumps 13%
- PlanB Says Bear Market Almost Over, Bitcoin (BTC) In Buying Range
- Apecoin Price Prediction 2022 : The future of Web3 and NFTs ?
- Ethereum Classic Price Prediction 2022 : Here’s What to Expect from ETC Price ?
- SAND Price Analysis: SAND Buyers Await Trendline Breakout To Go Long
- Avalanche Price Analysis: AVAX Sellers Tease $30 Fallout; Sell or Hold?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Strikes $30000; Breakout Or Fakeout?
- TRX Price Analysis – Another Bullish Attempt For $0.075 Breakout
- KuCoin Price Analysis: Low Volume Rally Hints Pullback Opportunity in KCS
- Polkadot Price Analysis: Bull Trap May Drag DOT Price To $7.3 Mark
- APE Price Analysis: Triangle Breakout Eyes 55% Rise in APE
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Price Remains Pressured Below $0.45