“This analysis is an adaptation from the work of Mati Greenspan, Senior Market Analyst at eToro”
- VanECK withdraws the Bitcoin ETF application
- Bitcoin TPS still growing
- Crypto Adoption rising in Iran
VanECK Bitcoin ETF becomes the latest casualty of US Government Shutdown
We’ll all the excitement around Bitcoin ETF may have ended now as the most hoped ETF application of VanECK seems to have fallen calamity of the US Government Shutdown. The deadline for a decision was February 27th but seems VanECK has now withdrawn its application. While it’s disappointing, but it’s not something that was not anticipated. As it has been noted several times, this proposal had a very slim chance of success. SEC Chairman Jay Clayton had already stressed that the Bitcoin market is not yet mature enough for an ETF. It’s not just the news or Clayton, even the recent price action seems to confirm this, as there have a number of price spikes due to the low liquidity lately.
The government shutdown seems to have put further strain on this process. If there was a hope of convincing the SEC before the deadline, it has now disappeared. So, rather than letting the application be rejected, VanECK has simply withdrawn it – thus denying the SEC any opportunity to deny it. Clearly a power move by VanECK.
The price of Bitcoin did decline slightly at the time of the news but is still holding well at the $3,500 support level. The markets relaxed response to this news is a clear sign that investors are starting to understand. The crypto market is not dependent on any government or financial institution and no single product or service has the power to make or break bitcoin.
BTC fundamentals going strong
It’s been past few months that Bitcoin fundamentals are getting strong. Yet again, The transaction rate on the bitcoin blockchain is now at its highest level in a year, which is kind of cool. This is a good indicator that shows usage of bitcoin is growing despite the bear market.
While the TPS shows a global picture, specifically crypto adoption is seen rising in Iran as the Government is mismanaging the economy. Unfortunately, however, there isn’t any real way to confirm this, other than the testimonials available in some press. Some more coverage in a day or two should give the audience more clarity.
- Breaking: Twitter Integrates NFT Profile Pictures and Crypto Wallets On IOS
- El Salvador wants to give small businesses access to Bitcoin-backed loans
- Meta and Instagram To Allow Users To Create, Display And Sell NFTs
- Breaking: Bank of Russia Calls for Full Ban on Cryptocurrency
- Will Turkey Follow El Salvador to Legalize Bitcoin (BTC) Tender?
- Breaking: Andreessen Horowitz Seeks $4.5B For New Crypto Investments
- Meme Coin Update: BabyDoge Coin Crosses $1.6B Marketcap And 1.3M Holders
- Microsoft’s Activision Acquisition Bullish for SHIB Community- Shiba Inu Spokesperson
- GBTC Share Price Tanks As the Bitcoin Fund Trades At Record Discount
- Terra Ecosystem Announces the LUNA Foundation Guard (LFG) to Boost Growth, LUNA Up 4%
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?