Bitcoin [BTC]’s dominance over the cryptocurrency markets cannot be ignored. Moreover, the price movements on Bitcoin [BTC] controls the sentiments of the entire market. Nevertheless, there are a plethora of cryptocurrencies in the market with Facebook’s ‘Globalcoin’ reportedly, lining up for next year well.
Mike Novogratz, a Bitcoin ‘permabul’ and investor, feels that Facebook’s cryptocurrency is ‘wildly important’ for Bitcoin. This is because Facebook’s coin will probably be released as a stablecoin. However, Bitcoin will lead the space as the store of value. He also cited the discrepancy between the current market capitalization of gold and Bitcoin at the moment. He said in a recent interview with CNBC,
“Bitcoin really has established itself as a store of value. [Bitcoin and Gold] is Worth something only ‘coz its worth something. What’s Gold intrinsically worth? You could take all the gold in history and put it in three Olympic swimming pools and it’s worth 8.5 trillion dollars. Why?… We don’t use gold for anything another than to show our wealth.” He also said, “There is a long way between $140 billion and $8.5 trillion. “
On the institutional and retail investment, he said,
“Retail is still buying Bitcoin. Yale Endowment, moved into Bitcoin, Stanford Endowment, Moved into Bitcoin and Howard’s endowment has moved into Bitcoin. These are real names and real thoughtful investors.”
He also mentioned Microsoft’s move into providing identity solutions on Bitcoin. Therefore, he sees a lot of potential in Bitcoin as a store of value. Moreover, he also feels that Facebook builds a case for Bitcoin as a store of value, and there is no one better at it.
Last but not least, while Mike Novogratz sounds like a total Bitcoin Maximalist, he also believed in Web 3.0. He mentioned that Ethereum and EOS could transform the internet as well. Nevertheless, according to him, it could take two-five years to build that space.
Do you agree with Mike Novogratz? Please share your views with us.
- Evergrande Surges 27% Post Nationalization Rumors, Crypto Market Surge in Tandem
- Breaking: Satoshi Nakamoto’s Website Gets Hacked, Scammers Run BTC Giveaway Scam
- Ripple, Solana Price Analysis: September 23, 2021
- Bitcoin Price Prediction: BTC Rolls Down The Runway Ahead Of Takeoff To $48,000
- Mike Novogratz Predicts Key Bitcoin ($BTC) and Ethereum ($ETH) Levels to Watchout For
- QuadrigaCx Saga to be Featured as a Documentary on this Popular Streaming Service
- Gluwa Wallet and Aella Credit Collaboration Sees Over 1 Million Transactions on the Blockchain
- Canadian Securities Regulators Warn Crypto Firms of Misleading Ads. Here Are the Defined Dos and Don’ts
- Solrise Finance and Civic Technologies Launch First Permissioned DEX on Solana
- eToro Sets Eyes on Defi Market, Launches 11 Defi Assets Based Investment Portfolio