Facebook has been highly secretive about its recent endeavor with cryptocurrency and blockchain. A more transparent approach could raise speculations in the market. Moreover, the regulations around cryptocurrency and payments have been unclear as well. Recently, the U.S. Senate Banking Committee sent an open letter to Founder Mark Zuckerberg, demanding the details about its cryptocurrency project: Libra.
Furthermore, according to the press release by Reuters, the chief executives of Facebook’s subsidiaries WhatsApp, Instagram and Messengers have been under regulatory scrutiny over privacy issues.
Reportedly, Facebook has registered the of ‘Libra Networks’ in Geneva, Switzerland. Facebook is the stakeholder of the company which aims to provide financial and technology services and develop related hardware and software, according to Reuters findings. The registration was made on 2nd May 2019 in Geneva. According to the fillings,
“investing, payments, financing, identity management, analytics, big data, blockchain and other technologies.”
Facebook has acquired trademark rights to Libra reportedly and is recruiting dozens of financial firms and online merchants.
Facebook has also been on a hiring spree for its new blockchain team that has more than 40 members from the FinTech industry. It also took a lenient stance on the advertising of cryptocurrency and blockchain projects on its giant social media platform.
Do you think that the move from the US to Europe was due to regulatory pressures? Please share your views with us.
- OpenSea’s Meteoric Rise May Trigger An Ethereum Crash, Here’s Why
- Breaking: JPMorgan Closes Uniswap (UNI) Founder’s Accounts
- UBS Warns Of Apocalyptic Crypto Winter And The Cryptocurrency Prices Are Poised To Crash
- SOL Tanks 6% As Solana Faces Another 48 Hour Outage, Boom and Bust Moment for Solana?
- Fantom (FTM) Surpasses Avalanche and Solana as DeFi TVL Crosses $12 Billion
- Buy The Dip Survey Shows 61% Of Chinese Bitcoin Investors Still Willing To Bet On Bitcoin
- Mike Novogratz Bets To Pay Peter Schiff $1 M If Bitcoin Price Stays Below $35,000 After 2022
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Bitcoin S2F Founder says Current dip cannot stop Bitcoin from Adding Another Zero
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?