It may well seem that no brand wants to be left behind by the non-fungible token (NFT) bandwagon, not even fashion giant Gap. According to a Wednesday announcement by the clothing brand, it is collaborating with InterPop to launch its first NFT collection on the Tezos blockchain.
Gap Launches NFT collection
The San Francisco-based retailer said in the announcement, that it would be offering customers a gamified digital experience. However, customers may not start purchasing its limited-edition hoodies until January 13 when sales will go live.
According to the announcement, the firm has teamed up with renowned Frank Ape artist, Brandon Sines to design the NFT collection which will be built on the Tezos.
Meanwhile, interested customers may purchase the pieces for about 2 XTZ each (around $8.68 at press time), via the Gap NFT website up until January 15. But according to a press release by the firm, there will be more Gap NFT drops all through the month of January.
Taking It Up A Notch
Interestingly, the brand is set to give its customers a more digital experience by simply gamifying it. This would be achieved by allowing participating users to collect the Gap hoodie NFTs which have been scattered randomly at different levels. Meanwhile, users are not only able to collect digital art by Brandon Sines, but they can also collect the physical Gap x Frank Ape by Sines hoodie.
While talking about the new development, Gap’s chief product officer, Chris Goble says:
“Gap has always been at the intersection of music, art and culture, so we are excited about this growth opportunity in the digital space with artists like Brandon Sines”
Fashion Brands And Gamified NFTs Might Soon Be Inseparable
Gap’s foray into the world of NFTs does not exactly come as a surprise though.
Recall that the luxury fashion brand Burberry also launched its NFT collection in collaboration with Mythical Games back in August 2021.
Italian fashion outfit Dolce & Gabbana soon followed in Burberry’s footsteps too, teaming up with Polygon-based luxury marketplace UNXD to launch its own NFT collection. That collection would later earn D & G nearly $5.65 million.
From all indications, Gap appears to be doing the most it can to appeal to the younger generation. Recently, the brand also signed a deal with rapper Kanye West to launch the “Yeezy Gap” clothing line.
- OpenSea’s Meteoric Rise May Trigger An Ethereum Crash, Here’s Why
- Breaking: JPMorgan Closes Uniswap (UNI) Founder’s Accounts
- UBS Warns Of Apocalyptic Crypto Winter And The Cryptocurrency Prices Are Poised To Crash
- SOL Tanks 6% As Solana Faces Another 48 Hour Outage, Boom and Bust Moment for Solana?
- Fantom (FTM) Surpasses Avalanche and Solana as DeFi TVL Crosses $12 Billion
- Buy The Dip Survey Shows 61% Of Chinese Bitcoin Investors Still Willing To Bet On Bitcoin
- Mike Novogratz Bets To Pay Peter Schiff $1 M If Bitcoin Price Stays Below $35,000 After 2022
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Bitcoin S2F Founder says Current dip cannot stop Bitcoin from Adding Another Zero
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?