Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa or popularly known as BRICS, are backing the idea of a common payment system. The 11th BRICS summit is currently underway in Brazil.
The set up would enable seamless trade between the countries and also tackle the dominance of the US dollar in the international markets.
Reportedly, the idea of a common cryptocurrency for the five nations has been discussed as well. However, the head of the Russian Financial Watchdog was more inclined towards increasing the viability of national currencies.
Kirill Dmitriev, the head of the Russian Direct Investment Fund (RDIF) told the reporters,
“An efficient BRICS payment system can encourage payments in national currencies and ensure sustainable payments and investments among our countries, which make up over 20% of the global inflow of foreign direct investment,”
In the future, an integrated payment system is highly probable between the emerging economies. Whether or not any cryptocurrency will be used or created for the purpose is not confirmed.
Nevertheless, crypto space surely seems to add a lot of value in international trade. It has taken an ugly turn with national currencies competing for their dominance.
China Moves Another Step for the Launch of Digital Currency
Moreover, with China aggressively moving towards capital control with its Digital Renminbi. Being a part of BRICS, China will look to compete with the US dollar with its digital currency.
PBOC (People’s Bank of China) announced that it will pilot a regulation on large-amount cash deposit/withdrawal restrictions in the three provinces of Hebei, Zhejiang, and Shenzhen. It will require registration of large cash deposits within the country.
Dovey Wan, prominent crypto-analyst with sources in the country noted along with capital control,
All the dots are now connected for upcoming Digital RMB too
How do you think that a common cryptocurrency between trade organizations will affect international trade? Please share your views with us.
- OpenSea’s Meteoric Rise May Trigger An Ethereum Crash, Here’s Why
- Breaking: JPMorgan Closes Uniswap (UNI) Founder’s Accounts
- UBS Warns Of Apocalyptic Crypto Winter And The Cryptocurrency Prices Are Poised To Crash
- SOL Tanks 6% As Solana Faces Another 48 Hour Outage, Boom and Bust Moment for Solana?
- Fantom (FTM) Surpasses Avalanche and Solana as DeFi TVL Crosses $12 Billion
- Buy The Dip Survey Shows 61% Of Chinese Bitcoin Investors Still Willing To Bet On Bitcoin
- Mike Novogratz Bets To Pay Peter Schiff $1 M If Bitcoin Price Stays Below $35,000 After 2022
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Bitcoin S2F Founder says Current dip cannot stop Bitcoin from Adding Another Zero
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?