Giancarlo has been an outspoken proponent of cryptocurrencies and CBDCs, arguing for a “no harm” approach to blockchain legislation. CoinFund has made many investments in cryptocurrency-related firms during the last year.
CoinFund, a blockchain investment startup, has engaged former US commodities regulator J. Christopher Giancarlo as a strategic consultant – a move that should assist the Brooklyn-based business in navigating the complicated and constantly shifting regulatory environment in its native nation.
His Views on Supporting Digital Assets
In 2014, Giancarlo was appointed to the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC). The blockchain community refers to him as “Crypto Dad” because he supports digital assets. In January 2017, he was appointed interim chair of the agency before taking on the post-full-time in August of the same year.
Giancarlo was hailed as a “driving force” of innovation at the CFTC by CoinFund president Christopher Perkins, particularly for lobbying for “thoughtful crypto policy in the United States.” CoinFund’s founder, Jake Bruckman, said that the former government official would bring experience at a time when domestic cryptocurrency legislation is evolving rapidly.
Giancarlo has been a more public proponent of digital assets after leaving the CFTC, serving on the board of directors of crypto lending startup BlockFi. In June 2021, Giancarlo told Cointelegraph that without a central bank digital currency, the United States risked becoming a “backwater” and that China was the frontrunner in CBDC development. Giancarlo said as early as January 2020 that the US needed a digital dollar to compete with China’s CBDC scheme.
As previously reported by Cointelegraph, the blockchain investment business secured a $83 million financing round in July 2021 to continue supporting new blockchain and cryptocurrency startups. The company has led a $50 million Series A fundraising round for digital asset curator Metaversal and will also participate in a $14 million Series B funding round for NFT marketplace Rarible in June 2021.
- Goldman Sachs Says Mainstream Crypto Adoption Not Enough to Boost Bitcoin (BTC) Price
- Fidelity Eyes for ETFs Tied to Metaverse After the SEC Rejects Its Spot Bitcoin ETF
- Rio De Jeneiro’s Mayor Reveals 1%Of Its Treasury Reserves Will Be Poured Into Cryptocurrencies
- Fake Grimacecoin Jumps 285,000% After McDonald’s’ Response to Elon Musk Tweet
- Turkey President Tayyip Erdoğan Orders For Metaverse Research
- After Twitter, Reddit Might Allow Users To Add NFT as Profile Picture
- Facebook’s Bumbling Crypto Venture Diem to Wind Down, Sell Assets
- Breaking: Valkyrie Planning To List Bitcoin Mining ETF On NASDAQ
- Just-In: OpenSea Reportedly Planning to Integrate Solana And Phantom Wallet
- Can Bitcoin’s Price Hit $1 Million? Ark Invest Is Confident It Can Happen In 2030
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?