Former Indian finance secretary Subhas Chandra Garg who was also involved in the first draft crypto bill in a recent interview said, he doesn’t belive government has any clarity on crypto. He went on to add that he has “no confidence in the government to form the crypto bill.” Garg in his interview with IANS said,
“I expressed serious doubts when the government had expressed its intent to present the bill, about the introduction of the crypto-assets/currencies bill in the Winter Session of Parliament. I am, therefore, not surprised to see the present situation where there is zero clarity over what is the Bill,”
The former finance secretary’s comments came in the wake of the conclusion of the winter parliament session that ended without any discussion on the crypto bill. Many government sources confirmed that the government would introduce and discuss the crypto bill during the winter session, however, the finance minister announced that the draft bill has not yet been approved by the financial committee.
This would mark the second occasion in 2021 when the Indian parliament has put crypto among the list of agendas to be discussed, but failed to introduce the bill despite assurance from time to time.
India crypto community waits longer
Indian crypto ecosystem has thrived over the past couple of years to become a formidable name in the crypto ecosystem. Some of the most popular crypto exchanges in India like CoinDCX and CoinSwitch Kuber raised hundreds of millions of dollars to become crypto unicorns. Foreign VC funds and institutional giants are also actively awaiting clarity to invest more in the firms with the potential to make big in the decentralized world.
While self-regulation has worked for quite some time, crypto stakeholders belive the government must take in their suggestions or help to formulate a better regulatory framework.
- Terra LUNA 2.0 Price Falls By Over 60% Hours After Airdrop
- What Is Terra LUNA 2.0, Here’s All You Need To Know
- Whales Accumulating These DeFi Tokens Amid Price Crash
- This Analyst Predicts A Bitcoin Bottom Before Bullish Momentum
- Terra Team Officially Activates Terra 2.0 Pheonix-1 mainnet, Here Are the Details
- Tron’s TRX Burn Total Exceeds 7.7 Billion
- Tron Stablecoin Reaches Key Milestone Amid Bearish Trends
- Binance Italy Gets Govt Nod, Global Expansion Goes On
- Just In: Russia Inches Closer To Crypto Adoption With Latest Move
- Ethereum Classic (ETC) Soars 9% As ETH Crashes, Here’s Why
- CRV Price Analysis: Dual Trendline Limits The CRV Bull Run
- DOT Price Analysis: Uncertainty Over DOT Price May End With Trendline Breakout
- ERON Price Analysis: Emerging Bullish Pattern Foretells 65% Rise In ERON
- AAVE Price Analysis : $95 Breakdown Rease 25% Fall In AAVE Price
- Sandbox Price Analysis: High Volume Breakout Aims SAND To Hit $2.6
- MATIC Price Analysis: Bullish Influence Grows on Consolidation
- TRON Price Analysis: High Volume Breakout may Lead TRX to $0.9 Mark
- Tezos Price Analysis: Dynamic Trendline May Carry XTZ Price to $2.4
- AAVE Price Analysis: AAVE Chart Hints Coin Holders May Lose $100 Mark
- What Next For The Fast Recovering FTM Price?