Brian Brooks, the current CEO of the Bitfury Group, testified behind the Congress on Wednesday, December 8, answering some of the key questions pertaining to the regulatory landscape in the crypto space.
Considering the fact that Brian Brooks has served as the former chief of the U.S. OCC, he fairly understands the challenges of the regulators when it comes to dealing with crypto regulations. While testifying on Wednesday, Congressman Tedd Budd asked Brooks whether if the U.S. was “behind the curve” when it comes to fostering a pro-growth environment for crypto, he replied “unquestionably”.
His answer: "Unquestionably."
— Congressman Ted Budd (@RepTedBudd) December 8, 2021
Lashing Out At the U.S. SEC
Brian Brooks lashed out at the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) for consistently refusing to approve the spot Bitcoin ETF in the U.S. markets. He noted that the actions of the SEC have driven legitimate activities offshore thereby harming U.S. investors, innovators and workers.
He also pointed out that America’s best-known investment advisors – Fidelity – had to move to Canada to launch their spot Bitcoin ETF. While other countries like Germany, Bazil, and Singapore are giving a green light to physically-backed crypto ETFs, why is it that the U.S. SEC finds it difficult to approve such a product, asks Brooks. He further goes on to pose some big questions to the regulations in this regard.
Why does Fidelity have to go to Canada to launch a #bitcoin ETF, why are spot ETFs ok in Brazil and Singapore but not the USA???
US mega behind the curve on crypto regulations. Hope this hearing actually results in something positive. pic.twitter.com/tuJCSv2XlB
— Lark Davis (@TheCryptoLark) December 9, 2021
During his testimony, Congressman Ted Budd asked him why can’t we do all this stuff here in America. To which, Brooks replied:
“Sure, it’s because the Securities and Exchange Commission has consistently refused to approve products that other G20 nations have approved”.
The Republican Congressman Tedd Budd noted that the United States holds a huge economic opportunity with crypto. However, he fears that the current regulatory state will crack down on an industry which the regulators have failed to understand so far. This might force the next generation of financial technology to be created outside America. “We can’t let that happen,” he adds.
- UBS Warns Of Apocalyptic Crypto Winter And The Cryptocurrency Prices Are Poised To Crash
- SOL Tanks 6% As Solana Faces Another 48 Hour Outage, Boom and Bust Moment for Solana?
- Fantom (FTM) Surpasses Avalanche and Solana as DeFi TVL Crosses $12 Billion
- Buy The Dip Survey Shows 61% Of Chinese Bitcoin Investors Still Willing To Bet On Bitcoin
- Mike Novogratz Bets To Pay Peter Schiff $1 M If Bitcoin Price Stays Below $35,000 After 2022
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Bitcoin S2F Founder says Current dip cannot stop Bitcoin from Adding Another Zero
- Football Clubs Look To Mine Cash Revenue With Crypto Offerings
- Fed Readying To Launch The US Crypto Policy? White House Directs Agencies To Prepare Report
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?