The G20 Osaka Summit will be held from June 28 to 29, 2019 in Japan. The G20 includes a list of 19 countries and the European Union, which makes global policies related to the economics of the world.
The FSB (Financial Stability Board) has submitted a report to the members which highlighted the stand of cryptocurrencies in the current global economy. According to their reports, the size of the cryptocurrency market at present is significantly small to cause any significant effect. However, they must be regulated and also considered the option to introduce a ‘new registry’ for cryptocurrency Exchanges all over the world. According to the reports by FSB,
This assessment in part reflected the small size of crypto-asset markets relative to the broader financial system. The FSB also noted that this assessment could change if crypto-assets were to become significantly more widely used or interconnected with the core of the financial system.
They plan to establish solid relationships between remittance providers and the banking system of the world. Cryptocurrency, because of its uncorrelated nature, has offered many Latin countries and the Philippines workers cheap mode of money transfers through cryptocurrencies.
Central Bank Issued Cryptocurrencies, and Financial Risk of Crypto-Assets
On Central banks releasing their cryptocurrencies, the report suggested that there is a long way before they go down that road; somewhere between 3 to 10 years. Moreover, according to their preliminary study, a Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC) is only a concept that is being researched at the moment and nothing else. The reports included that,
It also notes that most central banks appear to have identified the challenges of launching a CBDC, but are not yet convinced that the benefits (mainly of enhanced payments safety and efficiency) will outweigh the costs.
Hence, the only problem that currently remains is the investment, use, and speculation around these cryptocurrencies. The committee will identify the risks involved with a stake in crypto-asset and the associated effect on the world economy. The report suggested that,
In 2019, IOSCO will also study issues concerning investment funds with exposures to crypto-assets and will consider ways to provide investor education and material for retail investors who may wish to invest in crypto-assets.
The G20 Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors have received a copy of the report and would be discussing the same in their meeting on June 8-9 in Fukuoka, Japan. The primary topic of discussion will be a regulatory approach to investment and filling the appropriate loopholes with cryptocurrencies that leads to money laundering.
There are more significant economic problems that the world is currently facing. Do you think cryptocurrencies will attempt at solving at least some of them? Please share your views with us.
- Luxury Car brand Lamborghini joins the NFT Bandwagon
- Mercedes Taps NFT Creators In Celebration of G-Class Series
- Why Ethereum (ETH) Price May Explode Coming July?
- Elon Musk Shamed After DogeBonk Took The ‘Moon Mission’ Challenge To The SpaceX Factory
- Cardano (ADA) Price Rises By 30% Last Week, Transactions Volume in last 24 hrs Surpasses $5 Billion
- Cardano (ADA) Dodges Broader Market Correction With Another 8% Gains
- MultiChain users at risk of Getting Hacked, as Six Cross-Chain Tokens Experiences Vulnerability
- ‘Ripple is giving SEC more Trouble than Anyone in Crypto’ Attorney Chervinsky
- OpenSea Sets New ATH For Monthly Trading Volume, Surpasses $3.5B in ETH
- Malaysian Converts Selfies Into NFTs, Becomes Millionaire In Just 5 Days
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?