The world’s largest cryptocurrency Exchange representatives will sit together with Global finance leaders and global policymakers of the G20 Association in Japan later this month, according to a Financial Times report.
Circle, Coinbase, bitFlyer, Kraken, and Huobi have all been confirmed as attendees of the meeting. The Conference has been dubbed as V20, a Virtual Asset Service Providers Summit. We have also reached out to other Exchanges about the agenda of the meeting and their propositions.
Virtual Assets Provider Conference, V20 Summit
The Summit has been called in light of the new guidelines to be implemented by the FATF for VASPs (Virtual Assets Service Providers). The new proposal plans to implement a new law which requires the Exchanges to share their customer data to the relevant parties and authorities on demand like a bank. However, the Exchanges are proposing against it as it could drive them out of business as people might start leaving the Exchanges due to privacy concerns.
Moreover, the AML/KYC compliance is already in effect, which must be sufficient for regulatory concerns. The media also reported that Exchange executives also doubt the feasibility of the information-collection rule.
Ricky Li, the co-founder of Altonomy, the digital asset trading firm, said of the recommendations:
“The impact on overall market pricing is a slow burn, as we expect rising compliance costs and subsequent penalties to shut down a lot of exchanges, broker-dealers and funds over time.”
The initial report from the FSB (Financial Stability Board) suggested that cryptocurrency does not pose a severe financial risk in the world. However, according to the FATF (Financial Action Task Force), cryptocurrency posses money laundering and terrorist financing risk, which must be curbed to the maximum extent. The latest set of proposals by the FAFT will be published on June 21, 2019.
The V20 Summit will coincide with the G20 conference on June 28 and 29 2019. This will mark an important event which will decide the future of regulations of cryptocurrencies in leading economies of the world which includes the US, China, United Kingdom, Germany, France, Russia, India and so on.
Elaine Sun, chief compliance officer at Huobi Group noted that,
“Direct conversations with FATF to clarify the unique nature of the crypto industry will help to build a mutual understanding of regulatory exposure, and find industry-wide solutions to manage such exposures.”
Do you think the V20 summit will be able to bridge the gap between cryptocurrencies and world commerce or disrupt the balance even more? Please share your views with us.
- Breaking: Valkyrie Planning To List Bitcoin Mining ETF On NASDAQ
- Just-In: OpenSea Reportedly Planning to Integrate Solana And Phantom Wallet
- Can Bitcoin’s Price Hit $1 Million? Ark Invest Is Confident It Can Happen In 2030
- DappRadar: Strong Possibility of DeFi Shakeout In 2022 Amid Crypto User Exodus
- YouTube’s Head of Gaming Joins Polygon Studios, CEO Praises NFT and Crypto
- Bitcoin And Ethereum Sell Off Nearing An End- CNBC Host Jim Cramer
- Crypto News: Thailand To Regulate Cryptocurrencies As Means of Payment
- YouTube’s CEO Hints That NFTs Might Be Coming To The Video Sharing App
- Will McDonald’s Accept Dogecoin Following Elon Musk’s Challenge?
- Bitcoin’s Positive Correlation With The Stock Market Index Records A Mild Increase
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?