Kaspersky, one of the world’s largest cybersecurity firms, debuts its election voting platform built on blockchain technology. The prototype launched this Wednesday providing businesses, schools, universities and governments a decentralized and secure voting system.
Kaspersky launches blockchain voting system
According to reports from Verdict UK, Kaspersky, a global cybersecurity firm, launched its prototype election voting platform built by Polys, a subsidiary of the Kaspersky Innovation Hub. The decentralized platform is set to offer a different angle to how traditional election voting systems are set up and conducted.
The cybersecurity firm labels the new innovation as, “the first of its kind to incorporate blockchain technologies and work alongside the Polys online election system”.
Online voting was heavily criticized following the Iowa Caucus election drama, whereby other voters were alienated from the voting system due to lack of internet or internet-connected devices. Furthermore, the app malfunctions led to only partial results being tallied.
Such issues are readily solved by Kaspersky Polys’ new decentralized election voting blockchain, which offers increased security levels.
The Polys election voting blockchain system
According to the reports, Kaspersky’s blockchain system will leverage QR codes and tokens to cast their votes and prevent double voting. The statement reads,
“The process works by verified voters being given a unique QR code or token, which is then scanned, allowing them to cast a vote on a Polys Voting Machine with votes then automatically encrypted and counted.”
Once having voted, the voter can check the validity of their vote and the wide voting process on the blockchain, which will be accessible to every voter. The voting system is anonymous and private giving voters a free and fair platform to cast their ballot.
Kaspersky is looking towards offering the system to universities, governments, political parties and businesses worldwide after the launch of the official platform.
- Breaking: Binance Reportedly Under CFTC Investigation For Insider Trading
- S.Korea Crypto Crackdown: 60 Crypto Exchanges to Shut Down Due to This Reason
- Binance Plans to Revamp Regulatory Relations With Centralized Headquarters
- Breaking: Indian Crypto Exchange Eyes $2 Billion Valuation With a16z Backing
- Miami Becomes First City to Approve a Native Crypto, Here’s How It Would Be Used
- Dopamine App Brings Vast Crypto Tracking Under One Roof
- Pooshi Coin is launching today! What you need to know
- After Coinbase This Crypto Lender is Facing Regulatory Scrutiny in 3 US States
- Tomi Heroes NFT Sales Volume Just Exploded Past $1.35m, with Massive ROI Potential For TOMI Sale
- Fantasy Sports And NFT Gaming Platform, DeFi 11 Announces Public Launch