Grayscale Bitcoin Trust Fund ($GBTC), the largest Bitcoin pegged fund for institutional investors is on its way to overtake the most popular gold-pegged ETF SPDR Gold Trust ($GLD) in the coming months. The growing popularity of Bitcoin over the past 3-4 months has seen even the biggest gold bugs cut their exposure to gain exposure in Bitcoin. A significant portion of Golf outflow over the past year has moved into Bitcoin.
'We believe gold symbolizes the diminishing potential for sustained commodity-price advances, notably vs #Bitcoin. Assets in @Grayscale's $GBTC, the dominant on-exchange vehicle, are set to pass funds in the leading gold-ETF tracker $GLD in a few months'@mikemcglone11 @JSeyff pic.twitter.com/YQwA6M5WFm
— Michael Sonnenshein (@Sonnenshein) April 14, 2021
Grayscale CEO Michael Sonnenshein said that the century-old store of value Gold is losing its luster against Bitcoin. He explained,
‘We believe gold symbolizes the diminishing potential for sustained commodity-price advances, notably vs #Bitcoin. Assets in Grayscale’s $GBTC, the dominant on-exchange vehicle, are set to pass funds in the leading gold-ETF tracker $GLD in a few months’
The top cryptocurrency has emerged as the growing choice of investors, wall street financial giants, and even the biggest critics this bull season. On the other hand, gold has continued its downtrend starting after the first quarter of 2020.
Bitcoin is the new Store of Value
Bitcoin this bull season has seen its price more than triple from 2017 high, but more importantly, it has won the confidence of Wall Street giants as well as Fortune 500 companies who see it as a growing store of value. The likes of MicroStrategy and Tesla are using it as a treasury hedge and both the companies have profited more from their Bitcoin purchase than the combined profit from their business over the past couple of years.
As COIN gears up to be the most explosive public listing in history;
GBTC eyes GLD for the title of largest commodity tracker;
and BTC exceeds the value of the monetary base of the Pound Sterling;
Take a minute to let it sink in.
Then get back to work.
— nic carter (@nic__carter) April 14, 2021
The volatility argument has also started to diminish given more people realize that the price fluctuation would stabilize with more acceptance in the real world. The listing of Coinbase exchange on Nasdaq is also a big landmark for the crypto industry and a sign of growing acceptance.
- Ethereum’s Futures Open Interest hit a 3-month low, what does this mean for the market?
- Professional Mining from Digital Mining Experts Is Now Available via GMT
- Just-In: Georgia Binds Its Residents in Holy Oath Against Bitcoin Mining
- Wager Based 3D PVE/PVP Arena Battler Engines of Fury Storms GameFi With Incredible Content
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Devs Begin to Fix Recent Issue of ‘Wormhole’ Addresses’; Here’s All You Need to Know
- BNY Mellon Sees Meaningful Revenue In Crypto by 2023 Post Clear Regulations
- Moody’s Confirms El Salvador’s Ratings Unchanged After President Bukele’s Reactive Tweet
- Luxury Car brand Lamborghini joins the NFT Bandwagon
- Mercedes Taps NFT Creators In Celebration of G-Class Series
- Why Ethereum (ETH) Price May Explode Coming July?
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?