PancakeSwap (CAKE) token has been trading under big selling pressure over the past few weeks. However, the decentralized exchange has come with a new emission reduction proposal which has spiked excitement among the community.
CAKE price up by 7%
PancakeSwap in the proposal mentioned that it has been a long time since the last CAKE emission reduction. However, it is one of the most talked about subjects in the community. It added that their goal is to make CAKE emission neutral or deflationary. It implies that an average amount of token burnt per block will be more than the minted amount.
Since the announcement, PancakeSwap prices have jumped by over 7%. CAKE token is trading at an average price of $3.22, at the press time. It has a 24 hour trading volume of $74.9 million. PancakeSwap is holding a market cap of around $490 million. However, it has decreased by around 30% over the past 30 days.
The proposal highlighted that the emission per block is already down from 40 CAKE per block to only 14.25. It added that they also burn the token with an increased number every week which includes trading fees also. However, after the burn net emission per block stands at 11 CAKE per block over the past few months.
Proposal aims to burn 11% per block
As per details, people can vote to reduce missions to farms by up to 11%. Meanwhile, the voting will last for 2 days.
As per the proposal, holders can choose among the three options. The first choice will be “No change”. Second will be of burning 0.25 CAKE per block which makes 5.88% of it. The last choice will be burning 0.50 tokens per block which make 11.76%.
It added that the option will need to have a majority of 50%+ in order to win the vote. However, if none of the choices receives the required majority then a new proposal will be announced.
- Bitcoin Miners Likely Behind Crash Below $19K, Here’s Why
- India’s Crypto Exchanges In Trouble? 1% Tax Keeps Traders Away
- Crypto Exchange KuCoin Denies Rumours of Them Halting Exchange Withdrawals
- Elrond Price Jumps By 9% Over This Announcement
- XRP Holding Better Than Most Altcoins, Here’s Why
- Breaking: Polygon, Major Blockchains Hit With Network Attack
- New Crypto Rules In Europe: A Global Standard For Regulation?
- Third Biggest Whale Adds 1,416 Bitcoins In Last 2 Days; Will This Pump BTC?
- ‘Big Short’ Michael Burry Says Bitcoin Crash Is Only Halfway Through
- These Whales Scoop $850 mln Worth FTX Tokens Ahead Of BlockFi Deal
- Polygon Price Analysis: $0.45 Fallout could Plummet MATIC price by 25%
- ETH Price Analysis: Can $1000 Support Undermine Selling Momentum?
- BTC Price Analysis: Technical Indicator hints Upcoming recovery for Bitcoin
- CRV Price Analysis: Buyers Prepare To Boost CRV Prices To $1
- DOGE Price Analysis: Pullback Opportunity Eyes its Next Jump to $0.1
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Emerging Pattern May Soar SAND price by 20%
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?