There is a direct relationship between Bitcoin hash rate and price. The former follows the latter. If BTC prices fall, odds are Bitcoin miners will switch off their rigs. That means a drop in the network’s hash rate. Hash rate, a measure of how fast a mining rig can calculate and solve SHA-256 hash functions, is a key metric in Bitcoin and other Proof of Work consensus algorithm protocols.
Cost of 51% Attacks
The lower the hash rate, the more susceptible the network is. When push comes to shove, external elements can launch a dreaded Majority Attack.
Still, Bitcoin remains the most secure while Bitcoin Gold, Ethereum classic networks have been breached before. For perspective, an attacker will need $553,982 to attack the Bitcoin network for one hour but $15,439 for the same attacks on Dash.
However, at this point with prices stagnant and the market fearful, analysts are hard at work figuring out which price levels which will push most miners to the edge and force them to turn off their vital rigs as mining won’t be feasible.
Falling Hash Rate
Note that after peaking at 110 EH/s on Oct 23, 2019, Bitcoin hash rate is now at 84 EHs, a 31% drop.
According to an analyst, Bitmain’s S9 has the worst break-even profit rates for any Bitcoin mining device. To remain profitable, BTC prices must be above $7,643.
Meanwhile, the latest rig from Bitmain ASIC S17 is currently profitable, and will remain so as long as prices are treading above $3,598. At spot rates, the Bitmain S17 ASIC miner will generate a daily profit of $3.17.
Other miners are Innosilicon T3 + 67 and Avalon 1166 whose break-even prices stands at $3,970 and $4,299, respectively.
Bitcoin May Drop To $4,000
On average, miners who deploy these latest gadgets are still in green as the break-even price is around $4,000. Given this below market rate, the analyst project that BTC will probably fall to the $4,000-$4,500 and even sync with last year’s price action when prices coincidentally recovered at around miners’ break-even levels of $3,000-$3,200.
He concludes, saying:
“A large number of matches indicate a clear pattern. Therefore, it is worth paying attention to the following two levels: $4,00 and $4,500. It is quite possible that bitcoin will come to these very marks and, possibly, it will be that very bottom from which new explosive growth will be expected from us.”
Do you think Bitcoin (BTC) will drop to $4,500 or recover at spot levels?
- Elon Musk Tweet: Tesla Accepting Dogecoin, But There Is A Catch!
- Chainalysis Report Claims Criminal Usage Of Cryptocurrency Will Decrease In 2022
- SHIB Bulls Cause Shiba Inu Prices To Skyrocket
- Strike App Faces Problems In Argentina; Does Not Support Bitcoin, Claim Users
- Crypto Exchange Bitfinex Tells Ontario Customers To Close Accounts After OSC Canada Cracks Its Whip
- Rio De Janeiro Plans To Buy Bitcoin With City’s 1% Reserve; Tax Discounts Also To Be Offered
- India Seizes $5 Million Worth Assets in $162M Morris Coin Crypto Ponzi Scheme
- North Korean Hackers Embezzled $400 Million In Cryptocurrency Last Year – Report
- Breaking: Elon Musks Tweets ‘Tesla Merch Buyable with Dogecoin’
- Crypto Exchange Binance Enables Direct Withdrawals to Ethereum Layer 2
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?