Cryptocurrency and blockchain technology is getting into mainstream media every new day. According to the latest report by the International Monetary Fund (IMF), there are 15 banks stepping ahead with the core of cryptocurrency.
Central Banks and Digital Money
More specifically, central banks of major countries including the Bahamas, Canada, China, Central Bank of Curaçao and Sint Maarten, Eastern Caribbean, Ecuador, Norway, Senegal, Sweden, Tunisia, and Uruguay. It’s quite surprising to look at the growing graph of the crypto interest by these central banks where on the other hand, the market volume of various cryptocurrencies is withdrawing.
Nevertheless, the awareness and the adoption of cryptocurrency as a payment by private players is likely to stimulate the urge to experiment new payment technologies across central banks. Moreover, the global adoption of digital payment has transformed the way ‘global financial system’ works. As said by IMF’s head, Christine Lagarde ‘Money itself is changing’, continuing that;
“Beyond regulation, should the state remain an active player in the market for money? Should it fill the void left by the retreat of cash?”
Encouraging Modern Financial Ecosystem
Reports mentioned two key reasons why central banks are considering digital payment solutions. However, the very first reason analyzed is that ‘cryptocurrencies are the shrinking the role of cash’ and another reason could be to reach millions of audience to enable them to experience modern financial services. Moreover, other banks intend to reduce the cost by transforming printed notes into digital tokens/money.
Following Lagarde’s view, a research scientist at MIT’s Digital Currency Initiative, Robleh Ali argued over the point of contact between citizen and the state. Robleh Ali who was the former researcher at the Bank of England went on to ask the relativity of digital money with traditional cash. He commented that;
“Does the government have an obligation or a duty to provide risk-free money to the general population? Does that duty persist after cash usage drops off?”
- Fake Grimacecoin Jumps 285,000% After McDonald’s’ Response to Elon Musk Tweet
- Turkey President Tayyip Erdoğan Orders For Metaverse Research
- After Twitter, Reddit Might Allow Users To Add NFT as Profile Picture
- Facebook’s Bumbling Crypto Venture Diem to Wind Down, Sell Assets
- Breaking: Valkyrie Planning To List Bitcoin Mining ETF On NASDAQ
- Just-In: OpenSea Reportedly Planning to Integrate Solana And Phantom Wallet
- Can Bitcoin’s Price Hit $1 Million? Ark Invest Is Confident It Can Happen In 2030
- DappRadar: Strong Possibility of DeFi Shakeout In 2022 Amid Crypto User Exodus
- YouTube’s Head of Gaming Joins Polygon Studios, CEO Praises NFT and Crypto
- Bitcoin And Ethereum Sell Off Nearing An End- CNBC Host Jim Cramer
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?