The latest update in the controversial Indian Crypto Bill saw the Finance Minister, Nirmala Sitharaman consider the underlying technological boon that comes with the industry’s banes. While speaking at the ‘Agenda Aaj Tak‘ event in Delhi yesterday, Sitharaman noted that the crypto bill is in anvil and will soon be sent for approval to the cabinet.
Furthermore, she highlighted the juxtaposition given the government’s concerns about the decentralised industry accompanied by their plan to fully avail the financial benefits of the blockchain technology. Following this mindset, she ascertained that the “Cryptocurrency bill will take into account the underlying technology”.
Ambani’s Two-Cents on Crypto
The Indian government appears to be on the right track, financially, given that even the richest man in all of Asia, Mukesh Ambani swears by the same technological advancement with the blockchain. He spoke yesterday, at a forum organised by India’s International Financial Services Centres Authority together with Bloomberg, where he argued the potential of blockchain technology. Ambani said, “Blockchain is the technology I believe in and it is different from crypto”. Ambani claimed that India will see an evolution in its “fintech, education technology, health technology, and industry” through digital services. Furthermore, he compared the power of data to that of former days’ oil, asserting the only difference being, data’s easy accessibility.
“Digital technology, I believe, is a great leveler, a great democratizer…The new oil, i.e. data, can be generated and consumed everywhere and by everybody. It has the potential to create value equitably across sectors, geographies, and economic classes.”, said Ambani.
Despite understanding the pros, like innovation and technological advancements, the Indian government is determined to regulate the decentralised industry in lieu of its dangerously fast-evolving nature. According to CoinGape’s exclusive coverage on Nirmala Sitharaman’s stance towards upcoming crypto regulations, she noted that mere national level monitoring will never be enough when it comes to the decentralised industry. Sitharaman called upon global regulators to come together to centralise a borderless body like crypto.
“All of us also recognise technology respects no physical border. Technology has the power to sweep through borders. It means global action is the only way in which you can regulate it effectively”, said Sitharaman.
- OpenSea’s Meteoric Rise May Trigger An Ethereum Crash, Here’s Why
- Breaking: JPMorgan Closes Uniswap (UNI) Founder’s Accounts
- UBS Warns Of Apocalyptic Crypto Winter And The Cryptocurrency Prices Are Poised To Crash
- SOL Tanks 6% As Solana Faces Another 48 Hour Outage, Boom and Bust Moment for Solana?
- Fantom (FTM) Surpasses Avalanche and Solana as DeFi TVL Crosses $12 Billion
- Buy The Dip Survey Shows 61% Of Chinese Bitcoin Investors Still Willing To Bet On Bitcoin
- Mike Novogratz Bets To Pay Peter Schiff $1 M If Bitcoin Price Stays Below $35,000 After 2022
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Bitcoin S2F Founder says Current dip cannot stop Bitcoin from Adding Another Zero
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?