ICE (Intercontinental Exchange), the parent company of the NYSE (New York Stock Exchange) has initiated a research unit for 58 cryptocurrency projects and 19 FIAT currencies.
ICE, in partnership with Blockstream, has established the ‘Cryptocurrency Data Feed’, which will provide with real-time and historical data of cryptocurrency prices from all over the world. Nevertheless, it has selected only 2.75% of the total number of cryptocurrency projects in the market.
This is what this means for Crypto traders pic.twitter.com/eb2ejPB639
— ICE Data Services (@ICEDataServices) March 14, 2019
Cryptocurrency Projects Included in the Data Feed
Moreover, widespread inclusion of only 58 cryptocurrencies from a total of 2106 projects would narrow down the targets of the investors. However, at the same time could hurt the altcoin markets and exchange volumes in the short term.
Some of the notable cryptocurrencies from the list are:
- Stable Coins: The stable coins which will be added to the list are USD coin, TUSD, Tether, and Gemini Dollar.
- High Market Capitalization ‘tokens’: Despite the cryptocurrency markets being highly volatile a couple of projects have cemented their position and were rightfully included in the data. These included: Ether (ETH), Litecoin (LTC), Cardano (ADA), Monero (XMR), NEM, Ripple (XRP), Stellar (XLM), and NEO
- Potentially Valuable Projects: Some of the other cryptocurrencies with low market capitalization also features in the list. Currently, they can be analogous to penny stocks in traditional markets. These include Siacoin, Augur (REP), Ardor (ARDR), Basic Attention Token (BAT), Bitshares, Bytom, CyberMiles, Crypto.com (CRO), Digibyte (DGB), Dogecoin, Steem Dollars (SBD), Nebular, Mithril, Metaverse ETP, Zilliqa, and Ox.
- Huobi Included But No Binance (BNB) Coin: In exchange related token Huobi was included however Binance (BNB) coin was included.
Bitcoin Cash (BCH), BSV, Bitcoin Gold and Ethereum Classic (ETC) the infamous hard forks from Bitcoin and Ethereum were also included in the list.
Providing a Global Data Base For Cryptocurrencies
Due to their decentralization, Cryptocurrency Exchanges have become ubiquitous in the world. However, there is no authorized metrics that would give out authentic real-time data. Hence, ‘price discovery’ becomes a significant challenge due to a multitude of avenues.
The ICE data would provide insight on the project along with increasing the efficiencies for its traders. It would also facilitate pricing evaluation through proper surveillance and portfolio managers with statistics that will enable the crypto-assets to be traded between peers or customers directly.
While dealing with currencies, volatility and protection against adverse market movements is of prime importance to import/export traders and investors. Hence, the ‘global coverage’ would enable hedge funds to manage their risks better.
Expectations from the Bakkt Platform
The Bakkt Platform will be one of the first institutionally backed cryptocurrency trading platforms. Hence, the number of cryptocurrencies expected to be included in the initial phases was limited. However, the data feed suggests that the Bakkt Platform might consist of more than just a few cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, Ethereum and Litecoin.
- Just-In: Bitcoin May Soon Be A Legal Tender in Arizona
- OpenSea Fixes Vulnerability, But Users Are Still Losing NFTs To Hackers
- Crypto Mining: Putin Says Russia Has a ‘Competitive Advantage’ – Wants to ‘Tax and Regulate,’ Not Ban It
- Goldman Sachs Says Mainstream Crypto Adoption Not Enough to Boost Bitcoin (BTC) Price
- Fidelity Eyes for ETFs Tied to Metaverse After the SEC Rejects Its Spot Bitcoin ETF
- Rio De Jeneiro’s Mayor Reveals 1%Of Its Treasury Reserves Will Be Poured Into Cryptocurrencies
- Fake Grimacecoin Jumps 285,000% After McDonald’s’ Response to Elon Musk Tweet
- Turkey President Tayyip Erdoğan Orders For Metaverse Research
- After Twitter, Reddit Might Allow Users To Add NFT as Profile Picture
- Facebook’s Bumbling Crypto Venture Diem to Wind Down, Sell Assets
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?