Hornet, which is IOTA’s lightweight node, is under test and impressively, the network can process over 40 TPS, which is almost 6X the speed of Bitcoin and 3X of Ethereum’s.
This is a mark of progress and supporters couldn’t wait to express their optimism and how this will help IOTA cement its position as a true Internet-of-Things platform that will be inherently scalable, decentralized, and feeless.
What is Hornet?
The goal was to have as many software implementations as possible in a bid to align with the project’s goal of continuous improvement in readiness of mass adoption.
Hornet is currently in beta and available for testing purposes only.
“To evolve and diversify our node software offering, the IOTA Foundation has been supporting the development of a node implementation written in Go. This implementation — called Hornet. This is a more lightweight take on our Java node implementation (IRI). The functionality is on par with the latest version of IRI.”
Processing 48 TPS
At the time of writing, its Hornet’s TPS was 48 TPS.
Earlier, observers noted that processing speeds was at around 35-40 TPS, an improvement considering the central coordinator is still in place and not designed to help scale the network but issue milestones and secure the network.
“It’s been fluctuating between 30-40 TPS, not bad. Great to see these numbers and the network running fine thanks to the new Hornet nodes being tested etc. I remember when the network would average 3TPS and couldn’t handle much over 20 using the older IRI. Now it’s handling that daily without issue. Great to see how much the project is progressing over time.”
What is IOTA?
IOTA is a blockless network. Despite criticism, it continues to develop with the view of being a true IOT network.
IOTA’s Tangle is blockless and scalable as the number of users increase. The more activity there is, the more scalable it becomes.
It is also quantum resistant and uses Directed Acyclic Graph (DAG) for security.
- Cardano ($ADA) Reclaims Third Spot With 13% Price Jump, Here’s Why it Can Surge Further
- Evergrande Surges 27% Post Nationalization Rumors, Crypto Market Surge in Tandem
- Amid Strong Comeback Altcoins Add $100 Billion in 24 Hours, Ethereum (ETH) Above $3100
- Ethereum Price Retests Key Resistance Level as Aided by These Two Fundamentals
- Mike Novogratz Predicts Key Bitcoin ($BTC) and Ethereum ($ETH) Levels to Watchout For
- QuadrigaCx Saga to be Featured as a Documentary on this Popular Streaming Service
- Gluwa Wallet and Aella Credit Collaboration Sees Over 1 Million Transactions on the Blockchain
- Canadian Securities Regulators Warn Crypto Firms of Misleading Ads. Here Are the Defined Dos and Don’ts
- Solrise Finance and Civic Technologies Launch First Permissioned DEX on Solana
- eToro Sets Eyes on Defi Market, Launches 11 Defi Assets Based Investment Portfolio