Hornet, which is IOTA’s lightweight node, is under test and impressively, the network can process over 40 TPS, which is almost 6X the speed of Bitcoin and 3X of Ethereum’s.
This is a mark of progress and supporters couldn’t wait to express their optimism and how this will help IOTA cement its position as a true Internet-of-Things platform that will be inherently scalable, decentralized, and feeless.
What is Hornet?
The goal was to have as many software implementations as possible in a bid to align with the project’s goal of continuous improvement in readiness of mass adoption.
Hornet is currently in beta and available for testing purposes only.
“To evolve and diversify our node software offering, the IOTA Foundation has been supporting the development of a node implementation written in Go. This implementation — called Hornet. This is a more lightweight take on our Java node implementation (IRI). The functionality is on par with the latest version of IRI.”
Processing 48 TPS
At the time of writing, its Hornet’s TPS was 48 TPS.
Earlier, observers noted that processing speeds was at around 35-40 TPS, an improvement considering the central coordinator is still in place and not designed to help scale the network but issue milestones and secure the network.
“It’s been fluctuating between 30-40 TPS, not bad. Great to see these numbers and the network running fine thanks to the new Hornet nodes being tested etc. I remember when the network would average 3TPS and couldn’t handle much over 20 using the older IRI. Now it’s handling that daily without issue. Great to see how much the project is progressing over time.”
What is IOTA?
IOTA is a blockless network. Despite criticism, it continues to develop with the view of being a true IOT network.
IOTA’s Tangle is blockless and scalable as the number of users increase. The more activity there is, the more scalable it becomes.
It is also quantum resistant and uses Directed Acyclic Graph (DAG) for security.
- Luxury Car brand Lamborghini joins the NFT Bandwagon
- Mercedes Taps NFT Creators In Celebration of G-Class Series
- Why Ethereum (ETH) Price May Explode Coming July?
- Elon Musk Shamed After DogeBonk Took The ‘Moon Mission’ Challenge To The SpaceX Factory
- Cardano (ADA) Price Rises By 30% Last Week, Transactions Volume in last 24 hrs Surpasses $5 Billion
- Cardano (ADA) Dodges Broader Market Correction With Another 8% Gains
- MultiChain users at risk of Getting Hacked, as Six Cross-Chain Tokens Experiences Vulnerability
- ‘Ripple is giving SEC more Trouble than Anyone in Crypto’ Attorney Chervinsky
- OpenSea Sets New ATH For Monthly Trading Volume, Surpasses $3.5B in ETH
- Malaysian Converts Selfies Into NFTs, Becomes Millionaire In Just 5 Days
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?