Bitcoin (BTC) gains are in single digits, up 5% in the last day of trading. However, this is enough to sustain bulls and keep prices above the $8,000 mark. Now, there are some Twitter commentators linking this unexpected rally to Craig Wright’s inability to liquidate the 1.1 million BTCs he claims to own in trust with David Kleiman.
BSV and BCH Rally
Pumping because fake Satoshi doesn't have to liquidate his billions in Bitcoin holdings ?
— Jason Hamlin (@nicoyaresearch) January 14, 2020
Two of Bitcoin’s spinoffs, Bitcoin Cash fronted by Roger Ver, the former Bitcoin evangelist, and Bitcoin SV, under Craig Wright with added support from CoinGeek’s owner Calvin Ayre, continue to pump, outperforming digital assets in the top 20. For comparison purposes, BSV and BCH are up 25% and 7%, respectively in the last trading day.
However, what could be a net positive for Bitcoin bulls, and dashing for these offshoots, is if Craig Wright cannot prove ownership of the huge swaths of BTC that remains unmoved for years.
Court Grants Craig 21 more days to Proof Ownership
Before his death, David and Craig were partners and claimed to have mined 1.1 million BTCs that are now kept in trust. Last week, Craig submitted a document describing three trusts that may hold private keys of their coins, and some analysts linked his submission to the current BSV pump.
The passwords of these Tulip trusts were supposed to be delivered via a bonded courier the court is “remotely plausible of” in a tentative time in January 2020.
” The Court questions whether it is remotely plausible that the mysterious “bonded courier” is going to arrive, let alone that he will arrive in January 2020 as the Defendant now contends. However, given that the Defendant maintains that he should at least be afforded this opportunity, the Court will indulge him this much.”
If Craig lays his hands on the passcodes and proof ownership of the 1.1 million BTC, it is likely that BTC will crash while BCH and BSV rally.
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Bitcoin S2F Founder says Current dip cannot stop Bitcoin from Adding Another Zero
- Football Clubs Look To Mine Cash Revenue With Crypto Offerings
- Fed Readying To Launch The US Crypto Policy? White House Directs Agencies To Prepare Report
- Here’s Why You Should NOT Yet Buy the Bitcoin Dip, Miner Capitulation Ahead?
- MicroStrategy (MSTR) Stock On Free Fall As SEC Rejects Its Bitcoin Accounting Strategy
- Second Consecutive Crash Day Extends Investor Loses Over $350 Billion, El Salvador Buys the Dip
- DeFi’s Liquidation Volume Hits $34.33 M ATH, The Highest Since Last year’s December
- Portugal opens First Physical Store for Buying and Selling of Bitcoin
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?