Two days after appointing India-born Parag Agarwal as the new CEO of Twitter, founder Jack Dorsey has set himself for another mission. The Twitter founder is hinting at putting a major focus on developments in the blockchain and crypto space.
On Wednesday, December 1, Dorsey’s financial services firm Sqaure Inc. announced its rebranding to Block Inc. hinting at a major transition into blockchain. In its justification for the rebranding, the company said that Sqaure Inc has grown beyond just a financial services company citing its recently acquired majority stake in music streaming service Tidal. Speaking of this development, company CEO and cofounder Jack Dorsey noted:
“We built the Square brand for our Seller business, which is where it belongs. Block is a new name, but our purpose of economic empowerment remains the same. No matter how we grow or change, we will continue to build tools to help increase access to the economy.”
The lagal transition from Sqaure Inc. to Block Inc. will happen by December 10, 2021. However, the company’s NYSE ticker symbol SQ won’t change by this time.
Block Inc. – Signifying Company’s Accelerated Growth
The change of name to Block Inc. majroly acknowledges the company’s growth. Since its inception in 2009, the company has added multiple businesses like Cash App, TIDAL, and TBD54566975. Despite the rebranding, all these businesses will continue to maintain their individual brand.
Block Inc. will serve as an overarching system of different businesses united with a common purpose of economic empowerment. It includes a community of sellers, developers, individuals, artists, and fans. The official press release notes:
The name has many associated meanings for the company — building blocks, neighborhood blocks and their local businesses, communities coming together at block parties full of music, a blockchain, a section of code, and obstacles to overcome.
Jack Dorsey stepping down from Twitter shows that the he will stay more focused towards further developments in blockchain and crypto. Dorsey has been a strong Bitcoin proponent and believes in its ability to be the currency of the internet.
- OpenSea’s Meteoric Rise May Trigger An Ethereum Crash, Here’s Why
- Breaking: JPMorgan Closes Uniswap (UNI) Founder’s Accounts
- UBS Warns Of Apocalyptic Crypto Winter And The Cryptocurrency Prices Are Poised To Crash
- SOL Tanks 6% As Solana Faces Another 48 Hour Outage, Boom and Bust Moment for Solana?
- Fantom (FTM) Surpasses Avalanche and Solana as DeFi TVL Crosses $12 Billion
- Buy The Dip Survey Shows 61% Of Chinese Bitcoin Investors Still Willing To Bet On Bitcoin
- Mike Novogratz Bets To Pay Peter Schiff $1 M If Bitcoin Price Stays Below $35,000 After 2022
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Bitcoin S2F Founder says Current dip cannot stop Bitcoin from Adding Another Zero
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?