After suffering brief resistance from traders following the Terra ecosystem meltdown recently, the USDD stablecoin appears to be regaining steadily. Adding to this trend is increasing market expansion for the Tron-backed stablecoin.
Just few days before the Terra crash unfolded, the TRON DAO Reserve introduced USDD as a cryptocurrency with stable price and diverse use cases. It was seen as Tron’s stablecoin version to rival UST.
USDD Volumes Spike
The Tron stablecoin saw a massive upsurge in its daily volumes in the last few days. The surge comes after a temporary dip in stablecoin activity recently. The collapse of Terra UST had an adverse impact on the crypto market as a whole and especially on stablecoins.
The USDD circulating volume jumped by as much as $173 million in the space of just five days, according to CoinMarketCap. From recording a mere $4.73 million in supply on May 15, the supply spiked to $178 million by May 19. As of writing, the USDD market cap stands at $347 million.
Major Exchanges List USDD
Adding to this, top crypto exchanges are listing the USDD stablecoin. In a latest, top exchange Gate.io listed USDD earlier on Friday. Another exchange, LBank is set to list the stablecoin on May 23, it said in an announcement.
Most recently on Tuesday, KuCoin, the leading crypto exchange, listed the decentralized USD on its platform. The exchange supports USDD/USDT and USDD/USDC pairs. The TRON DAO reserve purchased around $38 million worth of TRX, BTC, and Tether to protect its own stablecoin.
The USDD protocol runs on the TRON network, is connected to Ethereum and BNB Chain through the BTTC cross-chain protocol. Also, the network is proposed to be accessible across more blockchains in the future. USDD is pegged to the U.S. Dollar through TRX and maintains its price stability to ensure that users have access to a stable and decentralized digital dollar system that assures financial freedom.
- Breaking: Singapore Financial Regulator Reprimands Three Arrows Capital
- Ethereum Exchange Supply Spikes, ETH At A Risk of Correcting to $700 And Below
- NFT Marketplace OpenSea Flags Data Breach, Here’s What Was Leaked
- EU Passes A Bill to Trace the Flow of Bitcoin & Crypto Assets In Regulatory Tightening Measures
- North Korea’s Lazarus Group Behind $100 Million Horizon Hack, Harmony Initiates Global Manhunt
- Grayscale Initiates A Lawsuit Against the U.S. SEC Over Spot Bitcoin ETF Issues
- Pentagon Raises Damning Concerns Over Bitcoin, Ethereum Security
- Bitcoin Cash Sinks 7% As Its Biggest Advocate Is Accused Of Default
- Here’s Why Ethereum (ETH) Price Can Plunge More Ahead
- This Crypto Winter Suite Could Help Investors In Bear Market
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- SHIB Price Analysis: Sustained Selling may Lead $SHIB to $0.0000074?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Crashing SAND Prices Warns 25% Downfall
- Solana Price Analysis: $36 Breakdown Teases SOL Price to Revisit $26
- Chainlink Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern could Lead LINK price below to $5
- AAVE Price Analysis: Buyers Need $76.6 Breakout to Trigger Bullish Recovery
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Rising APE Price Knockout Another Barrier; is $6 Next?
- Stacks Price Analysis: Reversal Within Wedge Pattern Eyes $0.3 Support
- Tezos Price Analysis: XTZ Rebounds from Yearly Support; is it a good buy?
- Tron Price Analysis: Triangle Pattern Governs the TRX Price Action; Should Coin Holders Worry?