Earlier this morning, Zhu Su went on to express his unhappiness towards the Luna slide in a series of tweets. Zhu Su, the CEO of 3AC, conveyed remorsefulness and apologised for ignoring the frequent warnings from Terra’s ecosystem. 3AC is a former premier EMFX currency and crypto-asset shop.
What’s going on with LUNA?
Some months back, Zhu Su publicly ridiculed Eth and began shilling Luna nonstop. As a result, many took his judgement and went on to attain massive amounts of Luna stablecoin.
Fast forward to this week, Luna’s market cap went from $12 billion to less than $1 billion in a couple of days, affecting a lot of investors and traders. Two days ago, the Luna coin’s market cap became lower than $DAI.
In the midst of this, Zhu Su apologized and stated that he was still rooting for the stablecoin, and was willing to help Terra in whatever way possible.
The Genesis of Terra’s Downfall
The controversial crash of the Terra USD stable coin has caused panic in the crypto market. Terra’s LUNA/USD officially halted blockchain production when the blockchain’s native token slammed a low of $0.000033 on Thursday.
Terra network officially confirmed the block officially breaking off at 7607789. Terra Validators have made such a decision, while they come up with a plan to reconstitute and then distribute a new token to the rest of its members in its ecosystem.
Before now, Terra has been criticized for feigning an excellent image around Luna. Terra was largely known for steadily targeting trends such as stablecoin, L1 chain, DEX, etc., but attacking other projects including ETH.
The recent meltdown in the crypto world which has wiped off billions of dollars in the market is largely contributed to, by the ongoing miseries of TerraUSD or UST, which is supposed to be pegged equivalently to the U.S. Dollar ($1).
From the inception, Luna’s structure was deeply flawed as it heavily reflected traits of an under stabilised coin, not to talk of the economic complexities that arose.
Meanwhile, Terra’s Blockchain has not been the only casualty from the stablecoin’s turmoil. In the last 24 hours, Bitcoin has traded up 8%, after dropping to levels that have not been seen since late 2020 this week.
Currently, UST is trading around 14 cents or even less in different parts of the market. Luna and UST’s close association set a catalyst to Luna’s demise. With UST losing its peg, LUNA is now worth $0.
- Are Hedge Funds Planning USDT Dump? Tether CTO Responds To Rumors
- Here’s Why Apecoin (APE) Price Is Skyrocketing Today
- Crypto Prices Falling Despite “Buy The Dip” Sentiment, Data Reveals Why
- Institutional Traders Dumped Bitcoin At A Record Pace Last Week
- Terra USTC Jumps 300%; Lands Back In Top 100 Cryptos
- Ripple’s EX CTO Dumps 40 million XRP tokens In Last 10 Days
- Dogecoin Soars 35%, Here’s Why Breaking This Level Is Crucial
- Crypto Lender Nexo Denies Fraud, Issues Cease And Desist Notice
- Ethereum (ETH) Price Rise and Stability Pulls Broader Crypto Market to $1 Trillion
- Scoop: This Hedge Fund Is Trying To Bailout BlockFi To Counter FTX
- Tezos Price Analysis: XTZ Rebounds from Yearly Support; is it a good buy?
- Tron Price Analysis: Triangle Pattern Governs the TRX Price Action; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- Dogecoin Price Analysis: DOGE Winning Streak Aims to Reclaim $0.077
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Reversal Pattern Sets 21% Rise in APE Price
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Will ETH Relief Rally Revert From $1300?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- Higher Price Rejection Hints BTC to Retest $20000
- SHIB Price Analysis: Overhead Supply Pressure Hints SHIB to Retest $0.00001
- Avalanche Price Analysis: Will The AVAX Breakout Rally Reach $30?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: U-shaped Recovery could Lead SAND above $1.5
- NEAR Price Analysis: Reversal Within Channel could Sink NEAR Below $3