Earlier today, at an event in New York City, Solana Labs CEO Anatoly Yakovenko disclosed the latest developments with the blockchain platform. Solana Mobile Stack was introduced which would also launch a new Android phone called “Saga”.
Solana’s Android Mobile Phone will be highly secured and decentralized
Solana Mobile, a new division of Solana Labs, introduced the Solana Mobile Stack today. It is an open source software toolkit for enabling native Android web3 apps on Solana. The new Solana Mobile Stack also saw the production of Saga, a flagship Android mobile phone.
Developers have been blocked for too long from creating truly decentralized mobile apps because the existing gatekeeper model just doesn’t work anymore
Said Anatoly Yakovenko, co-founder and CEO of Solana at the event.
Saga is reportedly an android mobile phone with unique functionality and features tightly integrated with Solana, The phone will feature a 6.6-inch display and 512 GB of storage as well as private key security measures built into the device.
Solana Mobile Stack (SMS) on the other hand provides a new set of libraries for wallets and apps, enabling developers to create rich mobile experiences on Solana, the self acclaimed “world’s most performant blockchain”. Solana Mobile Stack will also be running alongside Android.
Solana Founders on the Solana Mobile Stack
Raj Gokal, co-founder of Solana said Solana can radically change so much of what we do everyday, but the possibilities for decentralized apps on our mobile devices needs to be open for this milestone to be achieved.
We live our lives on our mobile devices – except for web3 because there hasn’t been a mobile-centric approach to private key management. The Solana Mobile Stack shows a new path forward on Solana that is open source, secure, optimized for web3, and easy to use.
Said Anatoly Yakovenko, co-founder of Solana.
Initial features of the Solana Mobile Stack SDK will include a mobile wallet adapter, seed vault, Solana pay for Android, and a Solana dApp store. Solana Foundation also announced today $10 million in ecosystem development grants for developers building on Solana Mobile Stack.
- Bitcoin Miners Likely Behind Crash Below $19K, Here’s Why
- India’s Crypto Exchanges In Trouble? 1% Tax Keeps Traders Away
- Crypto Exchange KuCoin Denies Rumours of Them Halting Exchange Withdrawals
- Elrond Price Jumps By 9% Over This Announcement
- XRP Holding Better Than Most Altcoins, Here’s Why
- Breaking: Polygon, Major Blockchains Hit With Network Attack
- New Crypto Rules In Europe: A Global Standard For Regulation?
- Third Biggest Whale Adds 1,416 Bitcoins In Last 2 Days; Will This Pump BTC?
- ‘Big Short’ Michael Burry Says Bitcoin Crash Is Only Halfway Through
- These Whales Scoop $850 mln Worth FTX Tokens Ahead Of BlockFi Deal
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- SHIB Price Analysis: Sustained Selling may Lead $SHIB to $0.0000074?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Crashing SAND Prices Warns 25% Downfall
- Solana Price Analysis: $36 Breakdown Teases SOL Price to Revisit $26
- Chainlink Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern could Lead LINK price below to $5
- AAVE Price Analysis: Buyers Need $76.6 Breakout to Trigger Bullish Recovery
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Rising APE Price Knockout Another Barrier; is $6 Next?