Many prospects have come under the consideration of global cryptocurrency regulators since the brutal Terra crash. South Korean Government and agencies are trying to get the possible reason behind this debacle.
In this bid, the ruling party of the nation held an emergency meeting to take further action over it.
S. Korea might sue crypto exchanges
According to reports, the representatives of Upbit, Korbit, Coinone, Bithumb, and Gopax were summoned for a meeting over the matter. Lee Seok-woo, CEO of Dunamu will be there at the gathering. Till there has been no confirmation came in from the crypto exchanges. However, as per expectations, the government will be holding exchange platforms accountable for the damages born by the investors caused by the Terra Luna crash. Meanwhile, this will also cover the loss incurred due to the delisting of the digital asset.
The exchanges might be held responsible for not halting LUNA transactions and ignoring investors’ protection during the crisis. Yoon Chang-Hyeon, head of the Virtual Assets Special Committee, mentioned that they would be checking the platform’s investor protection steps taken. Meanwhile, each Ministry might be showcasing its position on the regulatory framework over Digital Assets later after the meeting.
Crypto exchanges made most money out of crash
Earlier, Chang-Hyeon highlighted that every transaction helps the crypto exchanges to create a commission for the platforms. Upbit was the last among exchanges to stop trading for Terra’s LUNA and UST. While other exchanges like Korbit, Gopax and Coinone halted trading on May 10, 2022. The Bithumb did it on May 11, 2022. He noted that Upbit made almost 80% of the total share of generated commission income.
During the crash, Terra’s LUNA, native token and UST, stablecoin almost lost their complete value. Do Kwon, founder of Terra has proposed specific steps and plans to revive the chain. However, the investors have suffered a lot as around $40 Billion market capitalization of Terra’s assets crashed overnight.
- Shiba Inu Emerges As Top Choice Of ETH Whales; Here’s Why
- Just-In: Shiba Inu Will Release New Token, Here’s How To Earn It
- Breaking: China Court Rules Restrictions On USDT, Here’s Why
- After Market Turmoil, USDC Issuer Circle Comes Clean Hinting No Liquidity Risks
- Just In: More Trouble For India’s Crypto Ecosystem With Latest Enforcement
- Is Celsius (CEL) Next To File Bankruptcy After Voyager, Three Arrows
- Bitcoin Hovers Around 20K; Will It Recover?
- Lido Staked ETH (stETH) Close To Ethereum Price, Why It’s Good For Crypto
- Ethereum (ETH) Recovery To $1.1K A Dead Cat Bounce, Here’s Why
- In June 2022, Bitcoin (BTC) Recorded the Worst Monthly Performance In History, Now What?
- MANA Price Analysis: Will Triangle Breakout Propel Market Price by 40%?
- Solana Price Analysis: Emerging Pattern May Bolster SOL Above $42.5
- BNB Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern Breakout Aims BNB to Surpass $300
- APE Price Analysis: $5.6 Breakout May Trigger Bullish Reversal pattern
- CRV Price analysis: Rising $CRV Knockout $0.86 Resistance; is $1 Next?
- Polygon Price Analysis: 20 EMA Resistance Pressurize MATIC for $0.45 Breakdown
- THORChain Price Analysis: Reversal Pattern Aim RUNE Price to Hit $3.4
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Cup & Handle Pattern Aims SAND to Reach $1.5
- AVAX Price Analysis: Breakout Rally Eyes $22.1 Mark; Buy Now?
- Cardano price Analysis: ADA Price Nearing Triangle Breakout Eyes $0.655